Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2003, 07:14 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2003 Honda CBR600RR Reader Feedback

Ya know, with some of the old guys and a new bunch ripping these whiners a new one, you guys are making me look tame! I mean I haven't had to rip into anyone in a while with you guys around. I'm starting to get the D.T.'s(look it up if you don't know, or ask Johnny B.). Seriously, this is the most serious Honda in quite some time. I guess they got sick of that "user friendly" label. The 600 class is about race wins, numbers, and looks, baby. Either you have em or you don't. This one looks like it's going to have em all.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2003, 07:32 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Weak!

"I've never felt the need to send them mail about anything."

I guess then that fits in with your needs, and not ours. I like to be able to voice my opinion, as well as rip people that complain about something that they know nothing about, like you.

"They usually have the news first, and free."

News? Yeah right. Big writup they had on this bike. What a joke. Are you sure they even rode it? I could have written that "news" and you wouldn't know any different. What exactly did you learn from their informative test? I learned nothing.

"I have no compaints. Oh and the site is updated more often. Did I mention it was free yet? "

Yeah you mentioned it was free. You are free not to come here too. And no, the site IS NOT updated more often. We are posting anywhere from 1 to 5 news bits a day. They have one and only one, period. They also do real tests here, not a ride around the block and 2 shots with the digital. When was the last shootout they did? Dyno charts? Track Times? Videos? Wallpapers? Discussions? None? Yeah thought so. You get what you pay for. did you mention it was free?

"If I want a discussion, I can get that free also on cycleforums or cycleworld, etc."

Yeah, go take your whiney ass there to complain and see who gives you are reaming on those sites. Boring sites with boring people. You should fit in well.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:34 AM   #33
bimota
Founding Member

Default A final word...

Look, can't I just be disappointed? Out of everything that's going to be put up on this site this year, this is probably one of the top five stories I've been waiting to read. So I'm just a little disappointed. Not b****ing about the site overall, just disappointed.

And yes, I did buy a MO subscription because you won't get stories this good at 2WF or Motorcycle Daily.
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:40 AM   #34
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Yes!

Venomous Longride is back! MY skin is red and I agree with you (see my post above)! Noticed you said "we" when defending MO. You annointed now?
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:58 AM   #35
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Hey, how does the Triump TT stack up against this new crop of Japenese screamers?

Also, when will an American Bike maker produce a bike to compete in SuperBike?

Oh wait, we already went thru that embarassment. Damn, I would love to root for a bike with an American flag on it's arse.

Thank god we still produce Ballsy Cars.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:00 AM   #36
merv
Founding Member

From reading Rubberpants comment just tell me if I understand this right - is character what you get when your bike doesn't do something quite well enough like it has a flaw but you say that's fine its got character? That seems to be what I hear when people say something vibrates too much or isn't reliable enough or the motor clatters like a bucket of bolts but hey its got character. Sounds to me Honda have it right so you can enyoy the pure pleasure of riding without making excuses for flaws in the machine.

Cheers

Merv.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:04 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Yes!

They just let me post news is all. I am not a staffer or anything like that. Just enjoying the site and making it more "exciting". LOL
Old 01-31-2003, 08:08 AM   #38
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Weak!

Give em Hell LongRide!

One thing MO does which I reference ofton, are the Archive of Shootouts and Bike reviews. Sure, I wish I could see more shootouts, but I realise these guys are small potatoes. Small Potatoes who charge us a small Potato fee. I'm happy.

Now to really keep me in your court, the next comaro should be...............

VFR800, Ducati ST4s, Futura, BMW something or another, and the Sprint.

I did read a good comparo of the VFR, Futura and Sprint from a competitor. But I want yours. I've ridden the Duc and own a VFR. Real toss up on which one I like more. Overall, VFR is bullet proof. I kinda prefer the v-twin duc and it's wide bars help in handling. Hummmm, I want both.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:34 AM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Trading my ZX-6R in on this one

LOL, Of the new 600s I find this to be the most pleasing to my eye. The Yamaha isn't bad though. I would love to try one this puppies out. Given my luck with Kawasaki Dealers, I may just trade my end because I have a great Honda dealer close to me (excellent reputation and finished strong in a dealer survey).
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:41 AM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Thanks MO. Love the pictures. Yellow is my favorite color and this RR looks the best of the new crop. With all the bad experiences with Kawasaki dealers i have had I might trade my Ninja in on this Honda. The theory being the Honda dealer down the road from me has a great rep and good marks in a local dealer survey.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote