Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2003, 04:44 AM   #21
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default There is a difference

The sportbike manufacturers are doing it on purpose to provide vertical suspension compliance when the bike is leaning.

Harley used flexible frames for primary up and down suspension. It worked, but not well. And much of the flexibility was an artifact of poor engineering.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2003, 04:54 AM   #22
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default Motorcycle Daily would be a joke

Except it isn't even funny. I KNOW you guys aren't comparing that pitiful waste of pixels with MO. That big "Day One test" consisted of 2 pictures, 3 paragraphs and a lot of tonguing of Freddie Spencer's vertical smile.
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:08 AM   #23
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda CBR600RR Reader Feedback

Good Work MO. I like your articles and your comparos.

I read these reader feadbacks to learn about other bikes by informed feedback. Unfortunately ppl write in to showcase their worthless, unrelated comments.

Now back to the related stuff. I would love to mount any of the new 600's. Man, they are light. I remember riding an ol' F2 and how nice that was. I'm curious, do these 600's have any engine braking capabilties? I'm a v-twin fan and now have a v4 Interceptor. Engine braking is my friend. I rode an ol' Honda 900RR and nothing happened by letting off the throttle or downshifting. The engine just spun.

Hey MO, let me help in one of your comparos.

You could pull valuable info from me. I could tell you how well all these bikes handle when training wheels are installed! LOL
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:20 AM   #24
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Enough already.

Do you think that MO is happy that they didn't ride the bike? Do you really think that they dropped the ball on having the opportunity to beat the snot out of this new bike? I presume that they are anxious to do just that and are "annoyed" that they didn't get the chance...for whatever reason.

Have you noticed all of Longride's news stories lately (BTW, is he an MO staffer now or just a supportive member)? Kudos either way. The news stories are great and cover a wide array of motorcycle related topics, which we can then discuss. Keep it up.

The videos are awesome, an NO ONE offers them. I try to use them to observe much more skilled rider's technique. Do you? The wallpapers are also great and I get a kick out of changing mine at the office every other day. Check out the lean angle shots from this very story! Talk about form...

This site is worth MORE than 99.5 cents per month, and if you can't see that, then you're obviously quite blind and I'm left to wonder how you can read anything at all on this site.

Go ahead and vent, as it is your right. But realize that you have dubbed yourself PMS posterchild of the month and will most likely not be taken very seriously until you stop bleeding.
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:58 AM   #25
RubberPants
Registered Member

Yah Yah Yah......................another flawless Honda product!! The only thing that the HUGE $$$ can't seem to buy them is character in their motorcycles. I simply can't seem to have the gumption to get out my wallet and rush out to buy a Honda like everyone else it seems. Don't get me wrong I'm sure their machines are quality and perfect but I've had most every other brand but theirs. Personally I'll stick my $$$$ up for a 03 Kawasaki 636.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:08 AM   #26
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Weak!

Did you ever try to post a comment or ask a question on Motorcycledaily? I think not! I try asking Mr. Edge a question a couple of times and got nothing, if it wasn't for this website you would be keeping your humble opinions to yourself!!!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:16 AM   #27
obandoj
Founding Member

I stopped buying Kawasakis in the mid 80's when the Ninjas came out. They took a different aproach and forgot the quality! They were junk, and I never forgot the oil burning and blown trannys along with their candy ass valve train! Been buying Hondas and Suzukis for almost 20 years now and guess what! No problems, nuff said.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:21 AM   #28
chriss_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Weak!

I've never felt the need to send them mail about anything. They usually have the news first, and free. I have no compaints. Oh and the site is updated more often. Did I mention it was free yet?

If I want a discussion, I can get that free also on cycleforums or cycleworld, etc.
chriss_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:38 AM   #29
RubberPants
Registered Member

Hey! I've had over 46 different bikes (sport) in the last many many years and to each his own, never, never. Even after many hard dragracing days and abuse have I ever had a major mechanical problem with a Kaw. I've had many freinds that are Honda lovers and they are not immune to smoking and weak clutches etc. Even the MIGHTY Hayabusa I've had had it's problems. I'm just saying Hondas have "No Character" I think you should give Kawasaki's another try so as to get that "smile" back on your face? LOL
Old 01-31-2003, 06:57 AM   #30
kawazuki
Founding Member

Sounds like a really cool, technologically innovative motorcycle that I'll never ride 'cause (just like the new version of the Buell) they MADE IT EVEN SMALLER THAN THE LAST ONE. Good god. Maybe I really *will* start a motorcycle company for big people when I get out of welding school.

-Kawazuki

And for all the people who post here only to complain about how much MO sucks, really, get over it. If it's so painful for you to be here, then stop reading the site, and go to the myriad other places which are so constantly touted as superior nearly every time a story comes out here. I mean realistically, you've probably lost more that $12 in change over the course of the last year, so just write it off, and stop coming here if it sucks so bad. Those of us who like the site are tired of listening to you whine. Not that we can stop you from coming here, but honestly, if it's so bad, do you keep coming back just because you like to flap your meat about how bad it is? "Hey! Hitting myself in the head with this hammer really hurts! I wonder how I can make it stop being so painful? *smack* *smack* *smack*"
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote