Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #41
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: HERE HERE

And they say voluntarism is dead.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #42
coyn586
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 ZX-6R Track Test Reader Feedback

Van.. if this is the same Van I'm thinking of...... Actually it was "way back in.." 97

Mike, you, me, Jeff short, AG, and Bodymaster.

Remember Henry Kenish???

-dc

http://www.trackdaz.com

coyn586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #43
MrCrash907
Founding Member

I'm stoked that everything worked out.

I remember the Kawasaki folks mentioning it would be difficult to hold a make-up date for the intro the December rain out, due in part to the cost of renting such events.

I thought about it for a minute, and sent an email to Kawasaki telling them about TrackDaz.com's event at the Streets of Willow that weekend. I told them if they wanted to give me the opportunity to ride the bike it would cost them nothing more than tires and gas, as I'm one of the guys who helps run the events (along with Dustin Coyner, who also was a regular here). Anyone other moto-journos who wanted to ride could do so at the cost of $115 per rider.

They went for it, and what a hoot that bike was. Sean seems to be in agreement. At the end of the day, my friend noticed I didn't miss a single session over the course of the day (I rode in both the street and race groups), and literally had to be pried off of the thing like a kid on a new bicycle. I think Sean was out there for the whole day as well.

That track is a riot. The bike made it even more of a riot.

Good to see you're still around, Van
MrCrash907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:06 AM   #44
MrCrash907
Founding Member

Who was AG?
MrCrash907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:48 PM   #45
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean

That is an easy one. If you´ve ever raced a bicycle (push bike for you Aussies, Brits, et. al.) you know what the definition of uncomfortable¨ is. After racing bicycles, motorcycles in general feel like couches to me. If I was forced to choose a bike for a slog up I-5 to Sacramento, you better believe I wouldn´t be picking a 600 class supersport. On the racetrack though, nothing is really uncomfortable, because you´re never holding one position for more than 10 seconds.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:50 PM   #46
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

The brakes are great. The only complaint is the ¨feel¨due to the mushy lines. That is easily fixed by replacing them with Kevlar or Braided Stainless.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:26 PM   #47
rsheidler
Founding Member

I just read on another web site that they should be arriving in dealers showrooms withing the week!

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #48
Van
Founding Member

Dustin, dude, I'm still on your Fastdays automated mailing list!! Long time, no talk!

I'd guess by now you must be faster than greased snot, since you were just starting out racing way back when and you seem to've never lost the track bug.

I'm no longer a track day guy, having last year undergone spinal fusion/bone graft neurosurgery.

Last time I did a track day was back in 2000, on my F4, about the time Mikey here was starting to kick ass on his SV650.

After the F4 I got an SV650, which at 23,000 miles I managed to blow up at Mosquito Ridge. 9,500 rmp, chasing another SV650 guy, all of a sudden my motor let's go and suddenly makes nearly the exact same sound that the new VFR makes at 7K when the VTEC kicks in, only the SV has no VTEC!!

Traded the SV in for a V-Strom, which is a killer bike, an amazingly good bike. It's a nearly perfect streetbike, provided you can get along with the either the stock windshield or any of the million aftermarket shields I tried, which I couldn't.

Just recently swapped that one for an ST1300ABS, and now I'm done swapping. I'll be breaking my personal record (slightly over two years) of ownership of one bike, with this one.

Don't think I was a bike dealer when last we talked, but I've been a Honda-Suzuki dealer since July of 2000.

And yes, I remember the unbelievably pathetic Henry Kenisch...Great troll, that one, always getting beaten up and pissed on....Wonder whatever happened to that guy? Probably got stuck with a V-Due or Excelsior Henderson, knowing him...

Been following Mikey here's stuff at Citybike, adding ever more pins to my Mikey Voodoo Doll all along the way...

Man, I'm jealous of that guy!

Good to hear from you, and Mikey too, below...
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:38 AM   #49
gooseman_1
Founding Member

"And yes, I remember the unbelievably pathetic Henry Kenisch...Great troll, that one, always getting beaten up and pissed on....Wonder whatever happened to that guy?"

He's still here, he just changed his name to Kpaulcook.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:59 PM   #50
coyn586
Founding Member

I'm not fast.. Sean from MO was smokin me on that stock 636.. while I was on my GSXR750 racebike!!

you never seemed to be happy with the F4's jetting if I remember right.. I guess with each bike there was always something.. Brink the ST to the track, we'll have a good time! We had a guy out there a while back on the Kawi Concourse(spelling), and have had several BMW riders come out.. even a dude on an old triumph Bonnie!

Re: the kawi.. I got on my hands and knees and begged the dude from Kawi to let me ride the thing. Even had a set of Dunlop's finest to put on it.. he said NO -bummer.. I would have loved to ride that 636!

coyn586 is offline   Reply With Quote