Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-28-2003, 03:02 AM   #11
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 ZX-6R Track Test Reader Feedback

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that obvious logical inconsistency in the other replies (re: open-class cc-diffs).

No one has cared (much) about open-class bikes and their various sizes. Granted, the term 'open class' does mean 'run what ya brung'... but so what... this is a street-bike, and the other companies had a chance to do the same. It's not like Kawi just did this for the first time this year... they had this 'format' (different motor, same size) out last year (well, in the rest-of-world markets anyway...).

From what I read in the foreign press, they loved the extra ooomph of that 636.

I say it's fair to include it in the 600 shoot-out. The same people are going to look at it for buying, so why not.

Besides, MO's test is not called the 'AMA/FIM Super-Sport Shootout', it's just the '600 (class) Shoot-Out'.

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2003, 03:11 AM   #12
dwr461
Founding Member

Hell import a Bulldog and race it against it too. Maybe even put the 250cc two stroke Aprillia GP racer in the line up. Then race those bikes and the rest of the 600's, 750's and a HD Fatboy against the Kawa on a super moto track. Don't forget lots of beer and naked cheerleaders!

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:37 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Of course you should include it. The past many years the ZX9R was included in open bike shootouts of 1000cc machines. It's approximately 100cc less than all those, but was rarely, if ever mentioned or taken in consideration. Now the Kawi is up 36cc and can't be included? Nonsense.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:56 AM   #14
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Well

O.K. I'll reconsider. Test it. Who cares about fair?

The thing is, we're big boys. If you give us the facts we can decide for ourselves. The more facts (and feelings) the better.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 04:00 AM   #15
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Sean

Why do you fit into the 6R and the 600F4i you crunched when nobody else over 6 feet can stand them for more than 15 minutes?

Share your volume management secrets, man!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 04:15 AM   #16
micro
Founding Member

I agree because if you dont build a total package you will lose a 600 shootout. The great thing about this shootout will be that the competition has some advanced technology vs the less expensive 636. We will see what realy gets you around the track quickest wizardry or cc,s
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 04:23 AM   #17
Jason523
Founding Member

First what's up with these brakes? I thought it was fitted with excellent stock brakes? And you're saying Kevlar lines will greatly improve them?

Second that's a shame you got stuck with the blue one. The worst looking color of the bunch IMO.
Jason523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:08 AM   #18
intruderman
Founding Member

How easy to see was the LCD Tach compared to an analog one?
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:58 AM   #19
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Yamaha announces new R6....

Today in a surprise announcement, Yamaha USA said they would be adding another model to thier award winning 600cc sport bike family.

Along with the existing R6 600cc displacement mill, they intend to introduce the R6 "super sport", a Yamaha spokesman said "For just $1500 more than the price of a R6 the consumer can get the fastest R6 ever."

With it's completely redesigned 1200cc "super sport" engine Yamaha hopes to put other 600cc industry competitors firmly in the runner up spot.

When questioned about the displacement increase possibly disqualifying the R6 "super sport" from the 600cc class, Yamaha responded by saying "600 is a multiple of 1200, in our minds that makes the R6SS a legitimate contender in the class."

At the moment the R6SS is the undisputed 600cc class leader, but the industry is holding its collective breath waiting for Yamaha's challange to be picked up. In the wings, Kawasaki is rumoured to be about to release the ZX-6RRR which supposedly boasts a Williams/ Lotus developed 2.4 litre straight four.

We can't wait!!
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:35 AM   #20
racehawk
Founding Member

sean:

nice writeup. i hope they start paying you soon. i would love to see how the Kawasaki compares to the new Honda, handling wise.

i watched the video, and i was amazed that you hit a higher speed on the back straight than on the front. i think you are lifting too soon going up the hill.

will you be at the streets this weekend with the SV, or are you going to be a middleweight guy now?

-crg
racehawk is offline   Reply With Quote