Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-17-2003, 10:58 PM   #1
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: Biker Boyz Review Feedback

Great work Sean! Ya see, movies are where a completely subjective review is the standard. Thank you for saving me several dollars. Now I won't even bother to rent this dog. When it's on TBS I'll watch it for free.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2003, 06:50 AM   #2
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Dang it, dang it, dang it, DANG IT! I oughta throttle the d*ckless wonder who made this movie! A really well done bike movie could have an abosolutely INSANE inpact on the bike market. Think of how many millions of kids went out and bought honda civics after The Fast and The Fallacies came out! Grrrr! I just knew they would completely ruin it like that. Why is so totally impossible for anyone to make a semi-decent movie about anything on wheels? An accurately made film about motorcycles along the same lines as this would be a huge hit, and everybody knows it but the f**cking retards who made the d*nm thing. I'm so mad right now I'm shaking. They had a great opportunity and completely f*cking blew right out their collective donkeys. It's not only their loss, but real bikers as well, because this makes real bikers and real bikes seem like a joke. D*MN IT!
Old 01-18-2003, 07:23 AM   #3
tumbler
Founding Member

Default It's Just a Movie!

I don't understand why anyone would get so bent out of shape over a movie about motorcycles. It's just entertainment, that's it. My favorite movie of all time is TOP GUN, which has got to have the most inaccuracies of any movie ever made. At one point they show them flying through mountains when they are supposed to be over the Indian Ocean. If any Military pilot did even just one of the stunts Maverick did he or she would NEVER fly again. But I still love this movie and have watched it so many times I know EVERY line. If real life was exciting as movies, no one would go to the movies!

Thanks to speedchannel I have watched On Any Sunday and was moderately entertained, even given that the thing came out the year I was born, I think. Put out a modern version of that movie today, and Biker Boyz would probably out sell it. KPaul please don't agree with me, I'm probably going to get flamed enough!

I wouldn't worry too much about this movie making our insurance rates go up tht much. Jack a$$es that would actually do the stuff in this movie either are already doing it, couldn't come close to affording the bikes and insurance, or after shelling out all of that dough would never dream of doing anything that might put a scratch on their pride and joy.

Plus, The Fast and the Furious may have caused an increase in sales of civics, obnoxiuous rear wings, and loud exhaust cans, but I bet the sales of twin turbo Supras and Dodge Chargers stayed relatively unchanged.

tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 07:23 AM   #4
motodude1
Founding Member

Uhhh, I believe it's spelled "Hayabusa," young Sean.....
Old 01-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #5
speedsport
Founding Member

Default Re: It's Just a Movie!

I have news for you, life IS as exciting as a move, all you have to do is get yourself a new 600, go to a racetrack and try to run at the front of the pack!!.
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:29 AM   #6
Trey21
Founding Member

Default U May get some more cool ideals for your bike!

Ok. 1st let me say I can not wait to see this movie I don't even think I will be going to work on the 31st of January so I can see it early. U guys that have seen the movie say that it is a very bad movie and that they have a Busa topping out at 130mph now I would have to say that is crazy. Hey guys we all know better and look at it this way there are going to be some cool bikes in the movie and we all love to see really cool looking bikes and another thing we all buy the stunt videos for $30 dollars this way we see the new stunt video for $8 dollars and on a big screen!!!!! Oh and this is best of all this movie is going to give us more guys in cars on the inter state who think they can run with us now don't us guys just love to dust those assholes!!!
Trey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #7
KPaulCook
Banned

Default HarleyBoyz coming soon to theater near you

[*]
[*]The leader of the HarleyBoyz is the Highwayman, a mans man, with biceps made of steel and abs of jello.
[*]Capt. Longride of the Chicago PD enlists the help of Motorcycle Online staffer Sean Alexander and editor in Chief John Burns to train a young police recruit KPaul.
[*]Their mission is to train KPaul in 6 weeks to infiltrate the HarleyBoyz.
[*]The intense training begins with days on a Harley Sportster hoping from bar to bar.[*] An equal important part of the training is to get KPaul use to riding with leg and arm chaps.[*] After 6 weeks KPaul is ready.[*] He befriends a HarleyBoyz member Buzgld and the adventure begins.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:01 PM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

BikerBoyz may stink as an accurate portrail of sportbikes and all that noise, but as mental popcorn I'd say it was right up there with Fast and Furious, if I want real life I can hit the passes 10 miles down the road from my house, movies like this are for rainy nights where you just sit at home and gargle beer and check out Lisa Bonet's goodies, Taking this kind of crap seriously will give you ulcers, Same as Fast and Furious, any movie thats got Jordanna Brewster, Michelle Rodriguz and nice cars can't be bad, I'll buy this one for the bikes and sweeties, and let someone else get twisted about how real it is.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #9
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default Re: Charlies Angels MX

This moronic movie will not even compare to the upcoming Charlies Angels sequel, that will put the Angles on the MX track. I am not kidding!
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #10
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: It's Just a Movie!

Yea let me shell out 8 G's for the bike, another 3 G's for insurance, a couple hundred on new tires for each day I go. Oh and and at least another grand on leathers and boots. Or, I could shell out 6 bucks and go to a movie and watch em go through bikes, that I'll never be able to afford, like they're tissue. Sorry to be so sarcastic, but apparently some people, particularly motorcycle magazine writers and editors, seem a little detached from the every day people who happen to like riding as a hobby.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote