Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-20-2003, 07:10 AM   #51
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Biker Boyz Review Feedback

No movie is completely accurate, but I think people appreciate the effort, as opposed to movies that are ridiculous drivel to anyone with cursory knowledge but still manage to dupe the ignorant masses. Examples of an effort at realism?

Goodfellas

Saving Private Ryan

Tombstone

Heat

The Road Warrior (haha, just kidding)

It is my opinion that the reason so many of us hate this movie is because we know that so many idiots out there will take it as a semi-accurate portrayal of motorcyclists, and it's all those idiots that we can't stand-----not the people who made the movie. Frankly, they are the smart ones, knowing that there are a lot of morons that will pay to see this crap.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2003, 07:22 AM   #52
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default The real source of our ire

As I mentioned in a previous reply, let's get to the bottom of our irritation with this movie-----

I don't think it's the filmmaker(s) that we're mad at. Frankly, they are smart, they know what they're doing. This film probably didn't cost an arm and a leg by modern standards, but there is a whole legion of current and post-pubescent ignorenstia out there that will flock to see it. It is these people, the uneducated, irresponsible public, who we really can't stand. They give us the bad name we know we don't really deserve (mostly, anyway.) These are the people who will watch this movie say "whoa cool man, I want a crotch rocket so I can do that." It's these morons who sit and dream of owning a GSXR1000 with which they can ride to the lake to pick up girls. It's these idiots that will likely never learn to ride a motorcycle properly or ever ride one on a track (in all likelihood they have no desire to anyway.) The mothers and fathers of these brats are also a source of frustration, as they will get their opinions of motorcycles and motorcyclists from this movie when they rent/buy it and watch it with their kids. Oh well, the world has a never-ending supply of idiots.

Let's stop bagging on the filmmakers. They're just out to make the buck they know they can.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:09 AM   #53
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Straight Ballin' !!!

Hey, they got any Gold Wings racing in this movie? No? Not even in the dirt?

I give this movie 2 bling's without even watching it. I have that magical ability.
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:10 AM   #54
mercybeat
Founding Member

Default What will be funny.....

The idea that two guys racing street bikes on a dirt road while turning there heads to face each other and then grabbing more throttle... ( why doesnt my bike have a throttle reserve? ) I can't do it... I just can't go see this movie... well okay maybe if while they were gazing into each others eyes at 180 they leaned into each other. BWAHAHAHAHA now what would be funny. And Kid rock is in this? Can you see the trailer under his bike? or did they use strings. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best motorcycle scenes....

Blade 2

Tomb Raider.

FOX: Scariest chases
mercybeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:21 AM   #55
mconlon
Founding Member

Producer: Have I got a movie for you!

Movie Mogul: Yah? Better be good...

P: Its got action, hot chicks, fast bikes...

MM: Bikes?

P: Yeah, bikes, motorcycles.

MM: Oh, 'cause bicycles are hot now, with Lance Armstrong and all.

P: Maybe in a different movie, but this one is motorcycles.

MM: Motorcycles don't sell, not much interest in motorcycles in general.

P: But this one is going to be nutz, we got stuntaz and backstreet racers and all the shizznit!

MM: What language are you speaking? I still don't like the sound of it.

P: Its The Fast and the Furious, but with bikes.

MM: Oh! Well! That's different--why didn't you say so in the first place instead of wasting my time. Here's a check, go nuts.

Plenty of documentaries out their with "real riding"...

mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:30 PM   #56
kowalke67
Founding Member

Did you really expect anything different from Hollywood when making a biker movie? Remember, Hollywood is the place where you can get hit a thousand times in the face with a round house kick or punched repeatedly and not even have a cut or bruise to show for it the next day. You couldn't have expected a decent movie especially when the name is Biker Boyz (Note the "Z" in boys. What, did they use the name of an NSYNC or Nelly song to get that crap ass title? Sounds like the title to a movie with a bunch of guys- or is it guyz?- in leather chaps cramming piggy balls in their mouths and elsewhere). This movie just reeks of gay, moronic, idiotic, etc. even before you see it. Fast and the Furious was stupid as hell too. But, it made money and Hollywood was just remaking it with motorcycles. We are lucky if it flops at the box office. Motorcycle riding and riders do not need that kind of publicity and attention. If someone wants to make a really good biker movie they should make a documentary of one of the Super bike champs or of a rookie just getting on the circuit and show what that is all about. Hollywood is simply candy. It tastes good but has no nutritional value. Watch too much of it and your teeth will rot out. Okay, I'm talking like a drunk Socrates so I'll quit.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:41 PM   #57
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: What will be funny.....

No way on the best motorcycle scenes. See On Any Sunday (Also On Any Sunday Revisited), The Great Escape, Mad Max, The Wild One, Crusty Demons of Dirt.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:50 PM   #58
bimota
Founding Member

The most aggravating thing about this movie to me is that the general public will think sportbikers go out and race each other like the import clowns. Where I live there is a very active sportbike communty, and I don't think I have EVER seen two bikes race each other for money, helmets, or anything but fun. In fact drag races of any kind are pretty rare. A lot of the faster guys race at the track, and it's usually pretty clear who the fast people are.
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:35 PM   #59
slhayns
Founding Member

Hey, Maybe the movie does suck! But at least someone chose to do a movie with lots of motorcycles in it. Right now I think the industry could use it. By the way picking up underage chicks is stupid!
slhayns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:21 PM   #60
gforces
Founding Member

Default did I say drag racers?

captain, I do believe I said "street" racers. I've dragged my 951 before, so I agree- dragging takes skill- my crappy reaction times have proven that.

I'm talking about the people that think going out picking races on a Saturday night is the key to fame and fortune--and I assure you that after this movie comes out, there'll be plenty of those.

Alas, Ara has a good point--lots of spare parts for the rest of us--I want some GSXR inverted forks for my Hawk GT!
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote