Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-17-2003, 04:06 PM   #51
nweaver
Founding Member

Default And WHY get this over an ST1300?

The ST1300 weighs effectively the same (20 lbs more but with a couple gallons more gas) comes with most of the same goodies (including available ABS), has a silky-smooth engine, and otherwise seems identical for a good $3.5k-4k cheaper?

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2003, 04:41 PM   #52
ciao
Founding Member

I wouldn't be too quick to claim authorship of that 0-130 bit when it seems there are all kinds of familiar landmarks to confirm the jurisdiction you did it in.

Though a more deserving indictment would be against BMW for having instruments that defy symmetry in the sweeps of their dials. It looks like different parts bins were raided to have a speedo with a sweep from 9 o'clock to 6 beside a tach with a sweep from 5 to 1 or so.
ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:45 PM   #53
rvfrules
Founding Member

Default Re: Nope.

Interesting.... My 1100GS gearbox is a clunker in all respects except going into first gear. Snicks in so quietly you have to go by the nuetral light to make sure you've gone into gear.
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:52 PM   #54
rvfrules
Founding Member

Default XX is a great deal

Cough up 150 bucks for Honda grip heaters, another 150 for a scottoiler, 500 for aftermarket sidecases, and another $100 for an aftermarket screen if you want. So for $900 extra clams you have a comfy bike that outhandles and outaccerlerates a K12. I'm sure you can find a good way to spend the remaining $6 grand.

Honda's now working on the next generation BBird. Rumor has it coming with at least a 1200cc motor, ABS and hard luggage.

Old 01-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #55
rvfrules
Founding Member

Default Re: How do you like the video clips?

Cool. Brought memories of that poor brit who crashed his Blade in a minor fender bender. But the cops grabbed the camera taped to his tank and found video of him doing 160mph plus. I think he ended up in jail.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #56
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Video clips, the secretary and the Highwayman.

Hey I love em dude, its just one of the things that sets you guys apart. I had one going at the office, had to step out of my cube, I came back to see our new office assistant/secretary with my phones on. First thing she says do you have bike? Next thing she asks is "Do you have a Harley?" Geez the Highwayman always gets the girl.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #57
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW K1200GT Reader Feedback

I don't know about the R not vibrating at all. My friends R1100RT vibrates much more than my Ducati even after he adjusted the valves and sinced the throttle bodies.

It's still a great bike to ride.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:13 PM   #58
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re:

I just said I slaved over hot grips for them. If that is enough to put me on the bike and in the video, then I guess O.J. is guilty of murder.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:14 PM   #59
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I see you tested those brakes

Seems like in Quick Ride you stopped pretty quick at those lights with the white vans.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #60
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: I see you tested those brakes

The rider in the video, later told "me" that stopping at red lights, when there is 5,000LB cross traffic, is always a good idea.