Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-09-2003, 09:59 AM   #71
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Yep, still a dumbass

Isn't it great that when KPaul gets excited, he loses what little grasp of the rules of grammar and punctuation he used to have? At least he didn't bother to [b]bold seemingly random parts of sentences[b].
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2003, 10:03 AM   #72
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Yep, still a dumbass

Isn't it great that when KPaul gets excited, he loses what little grasp of the rules of grammar and punctuation he used to have? At least he didn't bother to [b]bold seemingly random parts of sentences[b].
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #73
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX-6Rs: Part one, on paper

Amasuperbike.com has a pretty good test posted as of yesterday. Test was done in December at Pahrump Nevada. Looks like they were able to sneak their test time in before or after MO got rained out.

Hopefully, that will hold you over until MO can get the chance to put them on the track.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #74
rsheidler
Founding Member

Amasuperbike.com has a pretty good test posted as of yesterday. Test was done in December at Pahrump Nevada. Looks like they were able to sneak their test time in before or after MO got rained out.

Hopefully, that will hold you over until MO can get the chance to put them on the track.

Bob
Old 01-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #75
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Pix look good

Yep John its a good one but location is everthing. Should of been posted on top with some bold print. He is right about Macs, they are great took Bill boys 20 years to catch up.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:20 AM   #76
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Yep, still a dumbass

At least I don't double post Sounds like you got excited
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:29 AM   #77
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: I too love UK sportbike mags

>>Maybe I should just buy more life insurane [sic]<<

If ya go that route, just be sure not to buy so much that your wife is tempted to cut your brake lines or something like that!

I am with you on riding on I-5 in rush hour. When I live there ('89-90) I fortunately lived within 15 min (on surface streets) of my work, so seldom had to deal with it. Too bad ya can't lane split in Washington. Just one of many ways that California is superior to Washington (before anyone gets his/her knickers in a knot, I am a Washington Native and would probably move back except it is too close to my family)

Bob
Old 01-09-2003, 10:30 AM   #78
rsheidler
Founding Member

Not sure how I posted that twice. Guess I better get some instruction from KPaul
Old 01-09-2003, 11:08 AM   #79
rsheidler
Founding Member

Seems like a big percentage of the market for the race-replica 600s consists of young guys who have just completed their MSF class and thus feel fully qualified to exploit the amazing performance capabilities of these machines!

I would be hard pressed to name a type of bike LESS suitable for new riders (or even experienced, but non-expert riders). I have a 17-year-old daughter who is learning to ride -- mostly dirt so far -- and I'd rather see her on an R1 than an R6! The highly tuned power curves are just too touchy. An R1 has a much friendlier power curve.

Since very few riders (even the most talented and experienced racers) could fully exploit the performance capabilities of a 250 Ninja on a mountain backroad, the chance of a newbie taking properly using the performance of one of these is slim! Damn few could ever notice any difference due to the upside down forks or radial brakes.

You are absolutely right. If they were to buy a used $2500 GS or EX500 (pay cash so they need only liability insurance), the savings in payments and insurance would buy many days of riding schools and track days, and they would easily kick their buddies asses on the backroads, have a lot more fun in the process, because they will really be riding, not posing, and they will have the foundation for many years of riding.

Old 01-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #80
danch
Founding Member

I'm sure it's just because your mouse has two buttons ;^})
danch is offline   Reply With Quote