Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-09-2003, 07:01 AM   #51
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Kawasaki are you listening

Lobotomy Boy you should be running the Kawasaki marketing dept. Excellent Post. I think Honda did the smart thing keeping the F4i.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2003, 07:04 AM   #52
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: You're still a dumbass

But I'm your favorite dumbass right? Real men ride sport bike and Real men drink whiskey. Wine you been riding that Italian bike too long. What would the Highwayman say to a Harley rider who drinks wine? You are going to have toughen up when you get the HOG.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:17 AM   #53
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Yes, he's still on track

"Do you really think long ride has a Ninja?"

Tell you what. If your wife will give you more than 11.95 to bet on me not having a 2000 Ninja ZX9R, let's do it. Since I have title in hand, it won't be hard to prove. I OWN my motorcycles, not pay payments. In Chicago, we put up or shut up. In Seattle, do they just talk out their behind like you, or do most people have common sense?

"Where would one ride a sportbike in Chicago?"

Well, in Chicago proper, Sheridan Rd. is a nice road. It follows the lake, is full of curves, and many sportbike riders can be found there on Sundays. Also, there are many other places to be found very close including Blackhawk Farms racetrack, which is only 60 miles from where I live, and many nice roads in Wisconsin that can be found, since I am only 50 miles from the border. Maybe you can ask these guys if you are really interested. I have no need to post every road I ride: www.chicagolandsportbikes.com

"Everthing is flat and straight."

Not everything, and like I said I have a racetrack only 60 miles away. Plenty of nice areas and roads to ride outside the city. Starved Rock area and Rt 6 come to mind as does Galena or Lake Geneva.

"Perhaps he rides his bike in the parking lot of the United Center since noone goes to Bulls games anymore."

I think the Bulls are averaging close to 18,000 people a game there, so I guess you know as much about the Bulls, Chicago, and Me as you know about motorcycles, but at least you are consistently stupid.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:32 AM   #54
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX-6Rs: Part one, on paper

As might be obvious, I'm pretty darn excited about this bike, and humbly take it upon myself to answer the following question:

"What's higher? An underseat exhaust or inverted forks?"

And the answer is: Inverted fork. Any PR blather about how a standard fork can work just as well is just that--blather. See Kevin Cameron's excellent column on the subject from Cycle World last fall (forget the date). The downfall of conventional forks, according to Cameron, is front end chatter under braking. I find this to be my single biggest complaint about my Yamaha YZF600R when I really push it hard. While I think the YZF is a terrific bike for sport touring, if I ever buy a bike purely for sport riding and track days, it will have an inverted fork. Thus it will not be the CBR600RR or R6. I think both Honda and Yamaha screwed the pooch by not spending a few extra bucks on inverted forks, but tha's OK, since Kawasaki needs all the help it can get these days. Kawasaki should consider sending the penny-wise-pound-foolish product planners at Yamaha and Honda on a lavish, all-expense-paid vacation to show its appreciation.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:39 AM   #55
Grover
Founding Member

I thought it was "There's no replacement for displacement."
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:55 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You're still a dumbass

How's the head today, Buz?
Old 01-09-2003, 08:33 AM   #57
johnnyb
Founding Member

And we have a winner. Just so. In classes where everybody has the same power, where does all the passing happen? On the brakes...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:19 AM   #58
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Undertail exhaust

Ducati didn't invent underseat exhaust. It was used on GP bikes in the early 80's.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:25 AM   #59
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

1.) Honda and Yamaha had no trouble setting the fastest times at the Daytona tire test with their inferior forks.

2.)Where in God's name can you push a 600's brakes/suspension that hard on the street?
Old 01-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #60
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Yes, he's still on track

You smoked me on this, I am speachless... Suprised about the Bulls.