Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-08-2003, 01:32 PM   #11
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Sayz what?

Ok MO, here it is:

Thread 1: Ok one of the computer wiz's here should be able to answer this question for me. Why are very little of the pictures downloading for me? All I have is sad little red squares with captions. It's a new computer with a Pentium 4 and a cable modem, so I don't know why I can't see the darned pictures. JB well written and interesting article. *dwr461 on Tuesday, December 24 @ 18:09:10 PST*

Reply 1: You're probably out of hard drive space. Check the drive that your browser is installed on. If it's not full (or close to it), try deleting your internet cache files anyway. If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably over my head. *Jexter on Tuesday, December 24 @ 20:40:22 PST*

Reply 2: Hey,there are problems at MO WEB! I am sitting on frame relay and experiencing the same problems. *alexlib on Wednesday, December 25 @ 07:48:06 PST*

Reply 3: Ok that's great. Because I have 19 gigs of hard drive space left, deleted all of my temp folders for IE6 and still can't see better than three-quarters of the pictures. I thought maybe I was runnig out of RAM with only 256megs. I feel better now. *dwr461 on Wednesday, December 25 @ 09:51:58 PST*

Reply 4: Why? Don't know but...

Use Netscape 7.x and it shows about 60% more of the pics. *chaztor on Wednesday, January 01 @ 12:57:47 PST*

Thread 2:Maybe MO should upgrade it's WEB server first before posting such picture-rich content? *alexlib on Wednesday, December 25 @ 07:45:48 PST*

Reply 1: I think the page is stalling on advertising content. Mine loads the first couple of pics and then stalls with grovel.motorcycle.com/ad_server.oasisi.blah blah.blah. I think the content for the ad in the second window is clogging everything. Maybe MO could just kill that link for now? So, we can all see some pics. *boru4761 on Wednesday, December 25 @ 08:57:06 PST*

Thread 3: Should we start a pool as to when MO will fix the downloads/photos in this R6 article? My guess is on 1/3 after 3p PST... *justaspeedfreak on Sunday, December 29 @ 20:25:34 PST*

Reply 1: I am going to guess 01/03/2003 but some time in the wee hours. Some lacky will log in on the 2nd, hopefully recognize the trouble and they will have it back up by 2AM PST on the 3rd. *boru4761 on Tuesday, December 31 @ 08:11:33 PST*

Reply 2: Sunday evening and still not fixed!*HDSquid on Sunday, January 05 @ 19:08:05 PST*
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2003, 01:38 PM   #12
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX-6Rs: Part one, on paper

Perhaps it's because the bikes were released to the EURO/UK press long before the U.S. press AND perhaps it's because (like we said in the first paragraph) our press intro in December was RAINED OUT.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #13
bimota
Founding Member

Default I second the motion

I never got all the R6 pics to load either. 136 items remaing was as good as I could do. And I'm running on a big pipe (T3) at work with none of the cache issues you mention.
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:33 PM   #14
rsheidler
Founding Member

Dude obviously dint read the damned article, since, as you point our, the first effin paragraph explained that the intro was rained out!

Sheesh!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:39 PM   #15
Jimmm
Registered Member

OK, noone has mentioned it so correct me if I'M WRONG but didn't Suzuki make a GSXR600 back in 92-93 with inverted forks?

Jim
Jimmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:45 PM   #16
edlawson
Founding Member

So join the Euro / Uk intros somehow !

You should be regarded as "global" press anyway, and not as an US mag. So sneak in there and get that info online earlier.

If these UK/EURO guys go really online like you there would be hardly any chance for you to be faster then them and one of your greatest theoretical advantages would be non existant.

edlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #17
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Motorcycle Daily already running with a 1st ride report

ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:21 PM   #18
edlawson
Founding Member

Dude, open your eyes !

The american Roadracing World PRINT Magazine, available today has made it onto the bike and reports about it !

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld...s/contents.asp
edlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:27 PM   #19
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Perhaps you just don't get it. We did not have an oportunity to test the bike. We were not invited overseas by Kawasaki and our US oportunity was rained out. Are you suggesting that we steal a bike, or just hijack a plane to Maylasia?
Old 01-08-2003, 03:29 PM   #20
KPaulCook
Banned

Thanks MO for the nice intro article. Love the pictures. Too bad about the rainout. Can't wait till you guys do a 600/749/Firebolt shootout this year. My early favorite is the Honda. Wish Kawasaki would of kept the old 02 ZX-6R rather than the ZX-6 for its mellow bike. My 01 ZX-6R Ninja is a great all arounder.

Wife has given ok to take the $11.94 out of my weekly allowance for resubscription. Sorry longride I can't let you Harley boys take over the site without a fight. Long live the inline 4. Death to the twins.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote