Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Kawasaki ZX-6Rs: Part one, on paper (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1513-kawasaki-zx-6rs-part-one-paper.html)

rsheidler 01-10-2003 08:52 AM

Re: You're still a dumbass

Just like real men don't a ratzass what anyone else thinks of their ride, the don't give a flying fluck what they think of your drink!

I'm with you, a day without at least one glass of red wine is a very bad day!

Bob

Joe_Momma 01-10-2003 09:15 AM

Re: Kawasaki ZX-6Rs: Part one, on paper

Yep, a sure symptom of cowardice. Johnnyb never quite gives you a real answer.

Joe_Momma 01-10-2003 09:18 AM

Sounds like a plan

rsheidler 01-10-2003 09:19 AM

Re: You ask a great question hope MO (Sean or Burns)will answer it?

KPaul

My $0.02 worth is that the VFR is a better bike for you than the ZX-6R. I have not ridden the latest (VTEC) version, but several riding buddies have the older ones, and I have had a reasonable amount of seat time in them. I think it nice flat torque curve compared to the peaky power delivery of the ZedEx is easier to control -- lets you worry less about being in exactly the right gear and throttle control in the turns is less touchy.

On the other hand, you already have the ZedEx, it already has done much of its depreciating, and you have already become pretty familiar with it. At 10,000 mi, it is just getting broken in good. If it were me, I'd take a big chunk of the extra money I was gonna spend on the new bike and take several good riding schools -- something like Freddy Spensors in Las Vegas. Kinda expensive, but everybody I know who has done it swears by it. Depending on which one you do, you might even get a day of flat track training as part of the class. I have done both Reg and Jason Pridmore's classes (CLASS and STAR, respectively) and recommend them. Next, I will do either Spensor or Keith Code. The other thing I would do is participate in as many track days as possible. Don't know what is offered in Seattle area but California has several great programs.

Money spent on improving your riding skills beats Hell out of money spent making your bike faster when it comes to Price/Performance. You don't want guys on older CBRs to continue to kick your ass, now do you?

Cheers

Bob

Joe_Momma 01-10-2003 09:23 AM

beautiful

That was lovely.

Buzglyd 01-10-2003 09:30 AM

I hear ya Bob. I also ride an inferior twin and many times on a twisty road I'll just leave it in third gear and enjoy the wide powerband between 4000-10000 RPM on my overrated ST4.

Don't get me started on the engine braking of a Duc! It practically throws me over the bars when I close the throttle!

KPaulCook 01-10-2003 10:07 AM

Re: You ask a great question hope MO (Sean or Burns)will answer it?

Thanks. Sounds like good advice. Yep I don't buy a inline/V 4cyl litre/800/750 bike and get my butt kicked by somone on an inferior twin. :) Doing some track time and classes would do me a world of good. By the time I do that a new generation VFR will come out or maybe a new V-4 Ducati based on the MotoGP bike(sorry I could not resist)

Lobotomy_Boy 01-10-2003 10:08 AM

Re: I wanna be squidly!

You should be able to find an EX500 or GS500 for less money than a Hawk GT. If Hawks if are in decent shape, they tend to hold their value.

Haird 01-10-2003 10:11 AM

I'm glad to see Kawasaki coming out with a bunch of 600s that a grownup person wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen on. The paint jobs on these bikes look really nice.

Lobotomy_Boy 01-10-2003 10:12 AM

2003 will be my 29th riding season, and I ride a 600. I guess that makes me a Ten Percenter.