Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-09-2003, 01:33 PM   #91
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: I hate to have to resort to this old school method...

Wow, the level of insultation @MO is nearly an artform now
staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2003, 01:39 PM   #92
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX-6Rs: Part one, on paper

True enough. The problem is, they only had a limited supply of bikes, so they divided us into two groups. One group spent Thursday at Pahrump and one group was SUPPOSED to spend Friday at Pahrump. Thursday went off without a hitch, but Friday dawned with rain and snow. When he re-sealed the track last September, the track owner used a sealer that is just about un-ridable in the wet. Now he forbids any motorcycle activities, when there is rain, or even if the track is just slightly damp. So... we were screwed! 1/2 the press got to ride the bike on Thurs and 1/2 the press got nothing on Fri.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:51 PM   #93
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I too love UK sportbike mags

The Cali-boyz thing was a raz, nothing more. I'd be pissed too if I went to an intro and they pussed out 'cause of rain, as for riding in the rain, your right, if we don't ride in rain we don't ride much, my rule of thumb is "above freezing and not raining", even if it's a 90% chance of rain, I just take my day-glo rain gear and go for it. Up here it can look like it's going to just open up for a week but not rain a drop! If you wait for clear skies you might as well pack a lunch, 'cause it may take awhile [LOL] I usually get out 3~4 times a week in the winter if I'm lucky, right now it's been super clear and 50's and low 30's at night, it's supposed to cloud up and start raining for a few more days starting saturday so we'll see,,,,,,,,,I symapathize with you Kpaul, 405 + rain + dark @ 4pm is risky, I work nights for now so I avoid the worst of that B.S.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:48 PM   #94
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Best Post Ever?

Thank you, thank you...

Got a month left. Going to the bike show before I ship on the 10th...wanna go? Nate and I are supossed to. Let me know if you want to go. I still have the same email...I'll drop you a line. Tell the little one I said hey!

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:57 PM   #95
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: This could be Buz after a few months of Harley Ownership

Since a very close friend of mine has a R1100RT which I can ride whenever I wish I don't think I'll need to add a BMW to the collection. I think BMW makes great bikes but they don't do anything for me.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #96
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: You're still a dumbass

I must be plenty tough if I can hang out at with "Harley guys" and drink wine.

Anyway, my Italian hertiage demands at least a glass per day or else bad things start to happen....really bad things.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:35 PM   #97
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You ask a great question hope MO (Sean or Burns)will answer it?

You have good question Do these current 600's have much torque and engine breaking?

I am considering 2003 VFR for my next bike currently I have 01 ZX-6R . I too would be interested in how the VFR compares to these new 600s. Because part of me says I only ever need a 600. i.e. just upgrade every few years to a new 600 vs a bigger displacement bike.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #98
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I plead guilty on this one. Good Advice

Guilty as charged my first and only bike is a ZX-6R. Looking back I wish I would of done exactly like you said. A used EX500 would of been good for me. I am probably a little older than the usaul squid, so I don't push myself on my Ninja to ride over my head. I was also weary of used bikes but that is probably an unfounded concern.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:50 PM   #99
KPaulCook
Banned

I have sister-in-law named Capone, I understand now. Boy can she cook.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #100
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well the damn drinks at that trendy hotel were too expensive to get drunk. $10 a drink is definitely a reason to nurse them.

Billy Bob Thornton was up there drinking beer but of course in LA everyone has to pretend like they don't notice him.

I'll be back there next week and with any luck Angelina Jolie will be drinking there!