Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2003, 08:38 AM   #1
Ricardo_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Doc Martens 2296 Feedback

Great boots. Just a note, your registration has expired.
Ricardo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 08:43 AM   #2
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

You felt pretty giddy, didn't you, as you sissyfooted around in your foreign boots, half believin' that the Timberlineman wouldn't show up kick yer...Oh, nevermind.

-----------------------------------------------

They call me...The Timberlineman

-----------------------------------------------
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:46 AM   #3
dwr461
Founding Member

The writing was good enough that someone should take credit as the author. From the style of the writing I'm guessing it was John Burns. But since no author was listed, I wrote it. There now I'm finally published. It was easier to get done than I thought it would be.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I like the fact that they're casual yet still armored.

I currently use the SIDI City boots for cooler rides. They're fully armored and still look good in a restaraunt.

I've got Dainese Techno Touring boots for warm days which are like fully armored high top tennis shoes.

If I was in the market for boots I'd certainly look at the Docs.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM   #5
blip
Founding Member

Default Zorro removes his mask for NO ONE!

While industry icon and Fonzie look-alike Mr. Burns is obviously a great influence on all of us, the Docs piece was penned by right-hand man Waylon Smithers (aka Eric Bass).
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:46 AM   #6
Haird
Founding Member

But will they stay on in a slide? Inquiring minds -- and ankles -- want to know.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:48 AM   #7
TheHighwayman
Registered Member

Default Boots and Gloves of the Real Biker

Time to take stock of this essential garb for biking in America. The Harley biker knows all about it.

By a man’s boots you can read deep into his character and see his resolve to do things his way, the right way, the only way. On a Harley, boots precede the rest of the biker, leading the charge of steel and leather thundering down the highway. Off the bike, a Harley rider’s boots still serve a noble purpose as they are his roots to the earth and his foundation for taking a stand on all issues that define a real American.

Boots are also the only part of Harley riders seen by atrociteurs, who are too gutless to raise their sights any higher in the presence of a real biker. As the atrociteurs cower and tremble at the sight of Harley boots, they secretly wish they were man enough to fill them. Needless to say, a Harley rider’s boots state their case silently, ‘less of course an atrociteur be so dense the boots need teach a lesson or two.

Gloves also tell a story. A Harley rider’s fist in the air is accorded a reverent respect by all who know the traditions and values he stands for. Other hand signals from Harley riders have led Americans to heroic achievements for untold decades. And the greatest honor any biker can have is another Harley rider raising his hand in a salute of recognition.

Most times a Harley rider will find that fingerless gloves are best, as they allow for a tight rein on the machine but also a bare-knuckled grappling of adversity. Then there are times of courage and resolve when a Harley rider controls his throttle and the men he leads with a full gauntlet.

The boots and gloves worn by a rider of a Harley-Davidson are among the most important expressions of who he is, and not just because they do the talking from time to time.

It’s because they’re along for the ride every time.

They call me . . . The Highwayman

TheHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Boots and Gloves of the Real Biker

Hey I already posted this one on the gay thread! C'mon HMan, time to get something new going.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #9
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Docs.. How do I love the?

Let me count the ways:

1: Far and away the most comfortable footwear I've ever worn.

2: They last forever (except for the laces on lace-up models, which are easily frayed by the rough eyelets) Aside from frequent lace replacement, these things are indestructible.

3: Like Levis, Docs never go out of style.

4: They don't pound, clop or squeak like many other types of footwear.

5: They are supremely supple and flexible which makes them work very well on a bike (this might however, cut down on the orthopedic protection, in case of a tumbling crash)

6: My mom wears them to bed.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:25 AM   #10
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Wearing Out His Welcome

This guy was amusing the first few times. But now, this is just getting on my nerves. Is it time to start blocking this guy? Turn our backs on his pathetic cries for attention? I think it is time for us to moderate this guy into obscurity.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote