Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-09-2003, 02:07 AM   #61
southwindphoto
Registered Member

Default I have a question

I have several pars of cowboy boots and just like they stay on when your thrown from a horse, they will also stay on your feet when youÂ’re bucked off you iron horse.

While I cannot speak for the Doc MartinÂ’s boots, I suspect they would not be any different, from the Tony Lamas I normally ware in the winter months.

Besides, are you really suiting up for street racing or are you headed out to enjoy a day of riding.

[list=1]I have a question??????

Living in the "Sunshine State" Florida

We need riding shoes that feel good on our feet in 60-degree winters and we need another pair of shoes that will feel good in the summer when it’s nice and humid with afternoon high’s in the 90 ‘s.

The problem I have is which shoes, should I ware riding in the summer with my shorts and Harley T-Shirt?

Member of
Florida Outdoors Writers Association
Harley Owners Group
southwindphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2003, 06:47 AM   #62
InSearchOfTwisties
Founding Member

Default Re: It's not in Webster's Unabridged...

Man, you guys are funny. Here was I taking a coffee break, looking for the latest and greatest review from Burns or some such and 20 minutes later, I'm peeing my pants at the banter! Keep it going guys - it's got jack all to do with Docs, but what the heck..

My $0.02 - I think an 'atrociteur' must be a non-rider (or even a non-harley rider) that can't look 'the big dog' in the face, lest he bow in shame. .... or something equally as poxy.....

DJC
InSearchOfTwisties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #63
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Summer Shoes

FLIP FLOPS!

Did you really have to ask? Haven't you been paying attention?
Old 01-13-2003, 08:40 AM   #64
rubin
Registered Member

Default Re: Doc Martens 2296 Feedback

These boots look great, but I can't find them listed on the Doc Martens site, and the link to IronAge doesn't work. Do the boots actually exist, and if so, who sells them?
rubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 09:12 AM   #65
drenton
Founding Member

These boots look promising (anything to get away from more black stuff), but they are hard to find. Ironage has them, but apparently not well stocked. Its dangerous to order them over the web, as they appear to be oversized, i.e you need to order a whole size smaller than you normally would. Yikes, uncertainty!! better to order two "bracketing" pairs from your local stockist bearing that in mind, and try em on in person.

drenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:09 PM   #66
Huss
Founding Member

Here's the thing, if you can slip on the boots, and pull them off without having to undo buckles, laces etc there is a very good chance that they will come off in a wreck. I learnt the hard way with engineer boots when I was hit by a red-light runner.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #67
ghostpuppet
Founding Member

Default Doc Martens 2296 ordering

The following web site sells 2296 boots:

http://www.wildfree.com/drmarten.htm

ghostpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:01 PM   #68
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Great Boots!

Thanks for the tip, picked up a pair and they are everything this review says they are! I love 'em!

I believe you'll find the best price here:

http://www.docsoutlet.com

Mine were $117 including shipping. They took around 2 weeks to arrive because they had to be drop shipped, they did not have them in stock. Big deal I say.

Also noteworthy, the 2295 is the same boot with a steel toe. Docs Outlet did have these in stock at the time I ordered the 2296's.
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote