Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #21
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Where has Blip been?!

Hiking the Pacific Trail again Blip? Or did you and Richard Gere go visit the Dalai Lama?

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 08:19 PM   #22
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

Default Re: Riding boots?????

yep, I'd say they come off faster than you can say Holy Sh*t, I'm gonna crash!!

I feel nervous just looking at them.

I really like my ankles just the way they are.
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Boots and Gloves of the Real Biker

Careful wheat. I once suggested on this site anyone who didn't wear a full face helmet was an idiot, you should of seen the flames. longride was calling me a comie on that one. Harley guys want the personal freedom to become The Crash Statisticman
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:00 PM   #24
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Double dare

I double dare the Highwayman on this sound hound. Good idea soundhound
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #25
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Laaaaammmmme......

Isn't this a repeat? If you're repeating lame diatribes, that's even more pathetic than posting new ones.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #26
byrongo
Founding Member

Default Re: Doc Martens 2296 Feedback

I suppose it all depends on your purpose.

Stompin' around town? Into clubs, around the ne'er-do-wells as well as those of a more gentile persuasion? It seems like these boots are the do-all end-all of wandering around town, casual, formal, all of the above.

Unfortunately, for the rest of us who fear the mangling of ankles and the loss of the lowers of our lower limbs, it seems that these Docs provide nothing but fashion, minus the function. I suppose they do quite all right when you're walking around, or when you're atop your bike, but then, so do an old pair of running shoes. The real problem here is a complete lack of any kind of protection.

I'ts pretty obvious that with any kind of unwanted attention from the ground, or a tree, street sign, fire hydrant, whatever... these boots will fly off in a flurry of, well...boots. And any of the aforementioned padding is just good enough to make you think that your feet are protected, but not enough to actually protect you.

In the end, hey, they're great boots...but not great *motorcycle* boots.

byrongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:19 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If KPaul didn't exist, we would have to invent him.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:25 AM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't wear a full face helmet all the time and sometimes I don't wear any. I am certainly not average or as stupid as you, and will find that out real soon. Since they call you the Crash Statisicman, maybe you would know better than to make a blanket, ignorant statement like the above. Maybe we can shorten your name to The Moron. Fits better.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:35 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I know you are again too ignorant to figure this out, but tell me again who the insurance companies are ripping off for insurance. Lets see. I have read Hayabusa & ZX12 guys quoted at 2 to 3 grand for rates and they never had an accident or tickets. Imagine that. I have never heard of a discount for wearing a helmet. I have heard of companies banning sportbikes totally from their insurance. Young squids can't even GET insurance for anything over 600cc. Think the companies know where the problem lies? More balls than brains you suspect? Bingo. Read you latest Cycle World for the latest squid squishing and teeth gnashing over it. Like I said before, the key is rider education and road experience. It's not the helmet, but what is inside it that counts. Let's do a quiz. Who will die first, a brainless idiot with a helmet on a sportbike, or a skilled rider on his cruiser without one? The insurance companies have already picked the winner.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:51 AM   #30
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default What's going on here?

I have to agree with Anibus......

Why are you reviewing these? It almost seems like you guys had to come up with something to write about, one of you realized you had a pair of non-motorcycle-specific boots on that happen to be mildly suitable for motorcycling, so you decided to give them a write-up? Why don't you go ahead and start reviewing every item you use in your daily routines? What's the best toothpaste for a motorcyclist (you have to smell your breath inside your helmet in the morning, after all), the best underwear (don't forget to include the ladies' review on this one), heck, why don't you give a Dell P4 2.4GHz a writeup on how good it is at pulling up the MO webpage?
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote