Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-03-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
TheHighwayman
Registered Member

Default The Roadhouse

There you are, giddy with the thrill of it all. Took a big gamble the Harley Man wouldn’t show up at the Roadhouse. You’ve parked your Asian atrocity cycle in his unspoken reserved spot. And now you’re settled at the Harley Man’s end of the bar, carryin’ on in a grand style what with your stars ‘n’ stripes bandana, cut-off gardenin’ gloves and chaps home-made from river waders. Foaming at the mouth ‘bout being a real biker, a streetfighter and any other counterfeit boast you can make up on the spot. Never mind the only folk you could rustle up to listen to this depraved charade are the village idiot and some trailerpark tramp you’re plying with cheap booze. For an Asian atrocity rider it don’t get better than this, an’ you know it.

You’re fixin’ to take the village idiot out front to show off your atrocity. You’ve done ripped the badge of vulgarity from the tank, so the idiot should fall for it. The tramp from the park better stay put at the bar, you reckon, she’d for sure know it’s not the real thing. Women have their intuition and such. But maybe she’ll believe the idiot.

And then you hear it. It couldn’t be true, it’s gotta be the freight train pullin’ through town. But no, it gets louder real quick, it’s for sure that unmistakable rumble of the mighty Big Twin. The real V-twin, unlike that decrepit farce from some godforsaken land you jerk around on. It roars right up to the front doors, shakin’ the windowpanes, and with a terrifying backfire shuts down.

All bets are off. The Harley Man is here. All your liquor-fed courage melts into a cold sweat. The make-believe swaggerin’ is now outta control tremblin’. The front doors burst open, the music stops and everyone suddenly goes quiet as the Harley Man enters with crushing stomps. There he is, with those beefy ripplin’ muscles, the stance of a prize bull and the scariest scowl you’ve ever done seen. He’s staring right at you and it’s clear you’re fixed for a trouncin’. But it’s really your lucky day after all, as the Harley Man has some drinkin’ to tend to so lets you go with a hefty kick in the ass and the ridicule of all in the house as you crash to the floor. Outside, you find your Asian atrocity cycle hurled into the ditch but you accept the simple justice of that, too.

It might be a spell before you drop by again.

They call me . . . The Highwayman

TheHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2003, 11:29 AM   #2
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Default Re: The Roadhouse

Highwayman, First Post... hmmmm?
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #3
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

I am honestly impressed. While I am not terribly interested in cruisers, that was an interesting article. It was not just an ad copy posted to the internet site. Very well done to all the authors involved.

Take care and Happy New Year to everyone,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:36 AM   #4
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

BTW, does this Harley guy think it's cool to throw an R1 in a ditch?

Hope he's not just tough, he'd better be bulletproof, too.
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #5
dwr461
Founding Member

Huh?
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #6
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: Cry woof!

The highwayman is not John Burns! The rest of us, the daunted MO staff, traced his IP address (which is captured at posting time, and thus hooked to the username) back to somewhere far, far away from Los Angeles.

Really! This time we mean it. We're serioius (for once!).
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:52 AM   #7
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Yoohoo! Highwayman!!

Listen, can we get a ruling on the E-H? I assume the atrocity you were on about above was the Yamaha, but what about the made in USA E-H? I mean, it's not a Harley, but what is Harley Man's take on it? Would he wrap a manly forearm around you while assuming the proud bull stance at the bar or what?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:01 PM   #8
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

#1: I'm not sure why you reference the city of Eden Prairie, MN as the source of an Excelsior-Henderson motorcycle. I work in Eden Prairie, and there's no factory here. It's about 20 miles southwest in Belle Plain, MN. Kind of sad to see it when I'm driving by on my way to my favorite golf course a few blocks up the road. It appears totally abandoned and neglected, untouched since the day it was emptied of valuables a few years ago.

#2. It really is a pretty nice looking bike.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:06 PM   #9
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"But it’s really your lucky day after all, as the Harley Man has some drinkin’ to tend to"

Good idea, drink some beer and then ride home. Al least he will exit the gene pool in style on his "mighty Big Twin".

"so lets you go with a hefty kick in the ass"

Probably more like a pat on the ass.

"Outside, you find your Asian atrocity cycle hurled into the ditch"

No doubt from the "terrifying backfire" of the Harley Man's 50hp V-Twin lawnmower engine.

"It might be a spell before you drop by again."

Fine by me. If the Harley Man wants to get drunk with the village idiot and a trailer tramp, he can go right ahead. I'll actually be out riding my bike.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:11 PM   #10
crazybike_37
Founding Member

The Highwaymans gotta be gay, right? I mean, he seems to really be into large, beefy guys, and always speaks fondly of them in his posts, as if he wishes he had one for himself. You gotta admit, he does mention big, brawny men in every single one of his posts. I don't think he admires them so just because, well, you know...