Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-04-2003, 09:39 AM   #41
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

Very informative article. I have been scanning for a nice new or used E-H and may buy one if the price and timing is right. They really look nice in person and I have taken one for a short test ride when they first came out. I never got any info on reliability issues, as I lost interest when the Hanlon's folded up. Good to know about the suppliers and fixes out there.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2003, 10:51 AM   #42
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Yoohoo! Highwayman!!

Don't forget them ripplin` muscals, grrrrrrrrrrrr
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #43
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: could it be him?

Not dogs, dog-style, Anyone that obssesed with manly-men, ripplin` muscles and every kind of leather fetish goin`has got to be a full-on flamer, I doubt if he has a bike
Old 01-04-2003, 11:09 AM   #44
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: could it be him?

I just noticed his bike is on a trailer, somehow so appropriate, calls his ol' lady "highway star" God spare me, at least he don't live around here.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #45
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I've never really understood the whole cruiser thing

Agreed, He [or she] is probably sitting back and laughing at the response he gets, though I remember Supercycle back in the '80's had similar prose, they were more about advertising for Nostalia Cycle parts than anything else, same kind of Manly men/fawning women bull-sh*t, good bike pics though, ,,,,,,,,,,,THE HIGHWAY MAN,,,,,,,,,,,has got to be a joke. I think the only real American based option has always been the Victory, that new Victory Vegas is a sharp lookin' bike with a solid dealer network and mass bucks behind them, just trying to break in like E-H did is damn-near impossible.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:29 PM   #46
southwindphoto
Registered Member

Default E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

The article was both entertaining and informative and I for one appreciate a column about cruisers.

However, I never have understood why anyone would by a bike or anything else that was made by a company that is now out of business.

Regardless of current parts availability, itÂ’s only a matter of time until the parts inventory dries up.

Sure, price is a factor worth consideration, but so is reliability and retained value.

Member of
Florida Outdoors Writers Association
Harley Owners Group
southwindphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:31 PM   #47
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Cry woof!

So, is this really the same Highwayman from the earlier posts? Writing style does not seem quite the same (not as good, for one thing), or maybe he was having an off day.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 01:20 PM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I've never really understood the whole cruiser thing

Amen Brother. Some of the most frightening discussions I've seen posted here were about what someone else "needs." It shows how are schools have failed to teach the concepts of liberty-what this country was founded upon.

Think about it. Any argument that we could make against ownership of SUVs, Mink coats, or Spongebob Squarepants bedroom slippers could easily be turned around and used against someone owning a motorcycle.

I mean if we're riding our bikes primarily for pleasure (and I doubt if anyone uses their motorcycle for commuting ONLY), then none of us really "need" one, right?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 02:17 PM   #49
KPaulCook
Banned

Default We appreciate your new attitude longride.

I am glad that you are going to let him state his opinions without your name calling. I am glad that you took Burns words to heart. Thanks again.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 02:21 PM   #50
Agent0090
Founding Member

Default E-H: It's not a classic

About the E-H: 1) It looks really cool. 2) What an example of how not make motorcycles. Part of me understands the idea of being swept up in an effort to preserve some thing that has since gone, but then I read Mr. Simpson's comment about his efforts being sort of like preserving an old Ferrari. The thing about Ferraris (and other old things that people so often spend time restoring) is that back in the day, they were the cream of the crop. You can ride in/on and old Ferrari/Jag/Norton and know that it represents a real high point of its time.

But the E-H was made in 2000! And it can't be ridden without $2,500 in repairs right off the showroom floor! What will they say about it in twenty or thirty years? "Yes, this what you got when you pissed away $100,000,000 because Harley was making so much money and Schwinn had let its trademark lapse. Isn't it neat?" Maybe it's like those who still have Edsels: they preserve them for the curiosity value.

I applaud Mr. Simpson for spending the time and effort on preserving the E-H, but I wonder why he does it for such a lost cause. I think that the E-H is destined for the dustbin of bad ideas where we threw the Ford Pinto, Subaru Brat (another recent comeback), the Yugo, and, if have my way, the Pontiac Aztek.

Fans of the above mentioned vehicles, flame away!

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote