Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-07-2003, 03:31 AM   #231
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: San Diego to Chicago.

Don't hate me because it's beautiful here. It's supposed to be 84 today but the wind is blowing about 50 mph straight offshore so the only riding will be sideways but an offshore wind means the waves are killer!

Hey school starts again today I think I'm going to have to take my lunch break at the beach.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2003, 03:34 AM   #232
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: Yoohoo! Highwayman!!

I can tell you this much: at bike shows down here, all the judges are Harley people. The X doesn't stand a chance in the "other American" category. Indians (S&S Evo-powered Harley clones with fender skirts) take the trophy every time, because they're really Harleys!
Old 01-07-2003, 03:43 AM   #233
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: Maybe you don't understand motorcycles.

Sir, (or ma'am), when you've put more than 47 years behind the handlebars, then I'll listen while you lecture me about what is, or is not, crap in the motorcycle handling department.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:12 AM   #234
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

ah, but did you notice that it s a 4 wheeler?

and for just 1/10 the price you can be on a 350 horsepower boss hoss, with only 2 wheels.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:17 AM   #235
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: San Diego to Chicago.

Caught a few scenes of your local wind on the Today Show over breakfast today. I was wondering if you might have blown away!

It is beautiful here in the Warner Mountains today as well -- about 16 and sunny this morning, but should get up to low 50s. I hear that if we don't get snow within the next few days, the local ski/snowboard area will not open this season at all! Not to mention, we'll be facing God's own drought next Summer!

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:31 AM   #236
rsheidler
Founding Member

It is interesting to see somebody truely "thinking outside the box" ... I mean, a 4-wheeled motorcycle?

Gotta think that Chrysler PR flacks are exercising a little hyperbole with the top speed estimate? 400mph? Lets see, how do you think this things drag coeficient compares to the viper coupe? Maybe a bit less frontal area, but if it could top 200mph, I'd be really surprised.

I hope they do build a few, just for curiosity sake. Price/performance ratio would really suck, though!

Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 06:20 AM   #237
rsheidler
Founding Member

What happens is that other readers moderate him down (eg Dipstick or Idiotic Troll) and if the resulting score is lower than the threshhold you have set, his messages, and replies to his messages, do not appear. You can set your threshhold lower and they reappear.

Just now (9:15 PST) I found that his score had dropped to -1, while my threshhold was 0. I reset my threshhold to -1 so it appeared, then re-moderated in to "humerous" which brought his overall rating up. As soon as someone else downgrades him, he falls back off the screen.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:27 AM   #238
rsheidler
Founding Member

Oh, BYW, I just noticed that MCN has some more information on this "bike" @ www.motorcyclenews.com

Aparently the independent suspension is set to permit lean angles of up to 45 degrees. Not enough for Eric Bostrom to drag his elbows, but probably good enough for the average power cruiser rider.

If KPaul doesn't like V-twins, I wonder how he feels about V10s?

Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 06:44 AM   #239
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

Default Re: Think they include a ghoulish laugh too?

I used the term "cold hearted" just to create a contradiction from the "warm and fuzzy" image some are trying to paint.
Of course that what reality can be, as you have found out, and it spurred you to make something of it.
Anyways, thank you for helping me to prove my point.
Congratulations on your success in business.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:59 AM   #240
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

Default Re: Think they include a ghoulish laugh too?

Thats okay, i just like to play devil's advocate.

I really don't have any hard feelings toward anyone or their ride. Its not about what we ride, its about the act of riding.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote