Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #191
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: the Highwayman is a well paid marketing ploy.

Is everything that agrees with you or your ideas "Well Said" or "LOL Good One" ? I'm just curious, not flaming or dissing you KP.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #192
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Think they include a ghoulish laugh too?

Of course I will. You make it sound like that is wrong. I've got employees who are depending on me. They make good incomes and have health benefits and 401ks and new cars and all that stuff.

When I first started my company I drew no salary and ate macaroni and cheese. Now that my business is a raging success (which comes with a pretty nice income) it's so stressful for me knowing that I must continue to feed my employees business. I mean, I'll take the stress and the money that comes with it, but I won't view any business decisions I make as "cold-hearted>"
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #193
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You've probably noticed that metric cruisers with aftermarket pipes still don't sound that great, at least not like a Harley. I think the single pin crank and flattop pistons go a long way toward creating the lumpy sound.

The metric cruisers still have that metronome-like pop pop pop that you mention.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:33 PM   #194
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: The Highway Man Rides to Sturgis

I haven't had the chance to ride a motorcycle out there. I fly because it saves time (I am a father you know) and it's mostly business when I'm there. Once I get the HOG I'll probably ride out there. At least it comes with a stereo (the Ducati doesn't have that of course) that will keep me awake on that long, boring-ass drive from San Diego.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #195
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Don't encourage him!

Remember ol' Al called for the elimination of the internal cumbustion engine in one of the worst books ever written, "Earth in the Balance."
Old 01-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #196
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Finally an Excellent Post thats answers the question why would anyone own a Harle

Who gives a crap about waving? If it makes you feel any better, I've been riding my Harley and had Harley guys not wave. They were more likely the 1%er types but who gives a shyt? Sometimes I feel like waving, sometimes I don't.

Ok, I'm sitting at my desk and waving right now. Does that make you feel better?

Old 01-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #197
rsheidler
Founding Member

I guess that the "Well Said" or "LOL Good One" posts are the internet equibalent of the "Amen, brother's" in church! They just burst out spontaneously.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #198
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Riding Story

LOL Now that was funny. Just think I provided the inspiration for this. Makes me proud to be an Merican.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #199
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: See ya at the 100th

Yeah I was thinking of towing a ZX6 behind my Electra Glide so the 1%ers would have something to burn when I got there.

I guess I will use the trailer!
Old 01-06-2003, 02:06 PM   #200
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Finally an Excellent Post thats answers the question why would anyone own a Harle

OK I am waving back. Now I feel better. Thanks
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote