Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM   #181
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: The Highway Man Rides to Sturgis

ROFLMAO, You're a genius
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 09:27 AM   #182
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Vette-powered MGTF

I know it is off topic, but Hell, no more than a lot of the stuff that gets us goin'....how about posting an article about that TF? Maybe get JB to post a companion piece on his Jagrolet?

A lot of us gearheads would find that very interesting -- in spite of terrible price/performance ratios.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #183
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Finally an Excellent Post thats answers the question why would anyone own a Harle

"Touché, you have finally answered the question that longride couldn't. "

I've answered your questions about 1000 times in 1000 different ways. Unfortunately, you seem to have selective memory, as well as chronic myopia. Want to defend the GoldWing again maybe?

"I salute your efforts and respect your choice."

I'm sure he was losing sleep, wondering if he has earned your undying love and respect. LOL

Funny how not many threads ago you said "guys that ride cruisers are idiots", and now he has earned your respect. How touching. Too bad you haven't earned enough respect to have anyone care.

"For example, I went out for Sunday drive, I waved at everyone and all BMW riders and others waved back. Two guys on Harleys didn't even flinch."

Here is one that always gets me. Guys going for a ride worried about who waves and who doesn't. Do you ride to enjoy it or keep a head count? Try growing up and not worrying about who waves. Harley guys are a-holes anyway according to you, so why would you want them to wave at you? You mean if they waved, their inferior Harley and stupid motorcycle choice would be ok with you? I wish I had a nickel for every guy that bought a sport bike that got pissed the Harley guys don't fawn all over it. Here's a clue. They mostly don't give a shyt what you ride. Sometimes people wave and sometimes they don't. I learned not to care about 35 years ago, and I have been riding for 35 years.

KPaul: "Mommy, Mommy, the mean old Harley riders didn't wave to me today!"

KPaul's Mommy: " It's ok little KPaul, maybe they just knew you."

Old 01-06-2003, 09:58 AM   #184
rsheidler
Founding Member

Hey KPaul -- last I checked my World Atlas, Alaska was still on the North American Continent.

Of course, in my mind, the true test of a mountain is not its elevation, but how far it rises from its base. By that criterion, Colorado's 14ers are pretty tame compared to, say, Mt Rainier, to say nothing of Whitney or McKinley.

Have to say that Colorado and Utah are two of the nicest places I have ever lived, and among the best places to ride a motorcycle (or mountain bike). Seattle has better seafood, though.

Oh, I remember when people really DID care about the Nuggets -- when getting tickets was almost impossible unless you knew someone with season tickets and could trade some good weed for them. Long time back, I know.

Cheers

Bob
Old 01-06-2003, 10:07 AM   #185
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Go Raiders!!!!

I know, I could ... maybe I should. I do live in California now. But, having spent 18 years in Colorado, I just have a tough time doing that.

Instead, I chose to not bother to watch any of the teams. That way, in Summer when I wanna spend my time riding, or want to watch AMA, WSB or MotoGP racing on the tube, I remind her that I DON'T "waste" all that time watching football and basketball like her friends' husbands do.

Seems to work for me.

Bob
Old 01-06-2003, 10:11 AM   #186
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Finally an Excellent Post thats answers the question why would anyone own a Harle

LOL But leave my Mommy alone. But why is it only Harley guys that don't wave???????

I really don't care but hey if you Harley boys are going to give me attitude, I'll give it right back.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:13 AM   #187
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: See ya at the 100th

Better use the trailer.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:18 AM   #188
KPaulCook
Banned

Yes Alaska in NA. I guess from 14,000 to a base of 5000-6000 ft your are right but I think in Raniers case it is the only 14,000 ft peak in a range of 4000-5000 ft hills vs. the Colorado range of mountains where 14ers get lost in a sea of 9000-10000 ft hills.

I have only seen McKinley and Whitney from the air.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:28 AM   #189
KPaulCook
Banned

Have taken a ride to the monument or Grand Mesa? Grand Jct is fun town. Skiing, fishing , cycling etc. But Raiders fans have been known to disappear. I am rooting for Gannon though. It is nice to see a guy that was told he couldn't be a quarterback succed like him.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:47 AM   #190
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Riding Story

This is one of the funniest, yet insightful, posts I have read here for a long time!