Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #161
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Go Raiders!!!!

Come on Bob, you can say it. Go Raiders!!!!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 09:02 AM   #162
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Golden Post

Be careful with the subject title of your posts! The highwayman is likely to see "golden post" and come calling, arm chap tassles flailing, bike all trailered up and ready to rock!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:04 AM   #163
mike_root
Founding Member

Default Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

This is just getting too wierd.

First, a cruiser review with miore detail than either of these pigs deserve, then an orgy of highwayman flames-fans, whatever.

What the hell has this site turned into?

mike_root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:13 AM   #164
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm right there with ya....

I think it breaks down into age and experiance, The older you are and the more you ride, the less you worry about what dip****s think, I'm glad you're happy with your Shovel Longride, I loved my '76 superglide and my '80 bagger, but when the K100 series came out I had to have one, I'm jealouse as hell of you Buzglyd, 70 degrees and a new bagger on the way, but I'm happy as hell on my Bandit in 35 degrees, so there you go, Winging the crap out of a 125 Honda sounds like a kick in the butt that few would appreciate but I would!! when you get past the mine is better than yours nonsense it gets alot more fun.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #165
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

Default Re: Think they include a ghoulish laugh too?

You too huh?

Naww, you don't have to screw people, but you will do what you have to to keep your business alive, right?
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:22 AM   #166
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm right there with ya....

I don't know if I qualify as old (I'm 3 but perhaps I'm mature enough to be beyond that mine is faster than yours crap.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:29 AM   #167
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

Default Re: Think they include a ghoulish laugh too?

Umm, no-one (well, not untill you just said it) has even implied that the Japanese companies are any better.
Don't be so defensive.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #168
xandvphyle
Registered Member

Default Re: Excelsior Henderson

I have ridden the Royal Star and REALLY like it. The E-H has more pop and there is absolutely NO dive in the front. I could have still had a really different and rideable motorcycle if I had the Royal Star. The point that I am trying to make is that these are really dangerous (potentially) bikes (the excelsior-hendersons) to some unsuspecting soul who thinks he/she is getting a piece ot "history." If (it should be when) the tranny breaks, the result could be life threatening. The "fix" is in the 2500 buck catagory thru Bobby on the West Coast, or

Jamie on the East coast. Bobby is the one that came up with the "fix" and anyone buying one of these bikes that plans to ride it, should do their homework. If you don't plan on riding it, make sure it isn't rusting away if it was't stored properly, dealer or not. I sold out and got an 1800GL and a BMW 1200C
xandvphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:35 AM   #169
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The 67 Impala vs 02 Accord.

Well, to answer your question, yes I would rather drive around in a '67 Impala than an '02 Accord. The rebuild on a '67 small block is probably 1/3 the cost of the Accord. That's why the Accord is a throwaway car and the Impala isn't. My 17 year old son got a '72 VW transporter and we have a lot of fun together keeping it running. He's learning about cars and will be less likely to be ripped off by unscrupulous autorepairmen, unlike you.

I'd also rather ride an ironhead Sportster than a Honda Shadow.

I like Shovelheads better than Evos

And I'd rather ride a BMW K1200 than a Goldwing.

And I prefer my 'ol GSX1100 shaftie to an ST1100.

And I'd rather ride around the street on a '66 Honda CL77 than an '01 Honda XL650.

I even like the sound of radial aircraft engines over the J-100s in the F-15/16s.

So what?

I've never insulted you for your choice of ride. Why do you fell so compelled to insult others? Why on earth does this sort of thing disturb you so much?

Maybe you should get together with Algore and come up with a list of acceptable products for Americans to purchase.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:38 AM   #170
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: they're buying the brand

Really,
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote