Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-06-2003, 06:41 AM   #151
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default See ya at the 100th

I just received my confirmation for my accomodations at the end of August. I've got a two-bedroom condo about 40 miles south of Milwaukee. It'll be a little closer than Lake Geneva.

I've got to check with KP and see if it's safe to ride an antique Harley 1500 miles to a party. Maybe I can borrow the Highwayman's trailor.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 06:45 AM   #152
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

Thanks! I'm selling my Royal Star and have bought a BMW 1100RT to replace it. The Royal Star is a great quality bike, but just too boring to ride. A BMW-EH comparo will follow!

-john
Old 01-06-2003, 06:48 AM   #153
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default I've said it before and I'll say it again

Those who have the strongest opinions about H-Ds have never owned nor ridden one.

Personally, I've got a 2000 Ducati ST4 which accompanied my 96 Low Rider and soon will sit alongside my 2003 Electra Glide Ultra.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:53 AM   #154
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: instant heritage

Heritage is only part of the picture. EH used Heritage for visual appeal. It worked. EH used an inexperienced management staff to build an all-new bike just when tech stocks skyrocketed and all their investors pulled out and invested in Yahoo, etc. That didn't work. Had EH used an S&S motor until they were on their feet, the way Indian did, they would still be producing motorcycles. I'm glad they didn't. I would not want a Harley powered EH. I like my twin OHC 4-valve, closed loop EFI 50 degree EH V-twin!
Old 01-06-2003, 06:59 AM   #155
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

Great! Welcome to the X-bike community! Keep tuned to some of the E-H websites and build knowlege before you buy.

-john
Old 01-06-2003, 06:59 AM   #156
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Highway Man Rides to Sturgis

It was just a joke, Colonel.

It isn't very wise for a Denver dude to bring up basketball. The freaking Nuggets? Stockton and Malone suck? You've outdone your normally unhinged self. I thought that attacking me because Colorado has a couple of higher mountains than Utah was dumb, but this is pathetic. (Note to Kook, the highest mountain in the continental US is in Alaska.

Call me when the Nuggets have a +500 season, REMF. I'll send one of my 4 wives to kick your butt.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:03 AM   #157
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: Think they include a ghoulish laugh too?

The stupidest stock market decision I've ever made (and I've made plenty) was to ignore my economics teacher friend's advice in the mid 80's to buy Harley stock!

-john
Old 01-06-2003, 07:04 AM   #158
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Maybe you don't understand motorcycles.

Well actually I have ridden a Goldwing. So spare me the crap about fantastic handling, okay?

I've decided to stick to riding motorcycles.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:07 AM   #159
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

Default Re: Yoohoo! Highwayman!!

Mr. Simpson, I think you've mistaken my (flip) comments for some sort of knowledge of H-Ds and thier ilk, among which I number Indian, EH, Jap cruisers, and any other type of motorcycle that attempts to represent obscene weight, craptastic handling and anemic power as the ne plus ultra of cool. I don't know jack squat about harley (or any of them) beyond what I've learned riding various cruiser over the years. I know only that they all suck, just as surely as the sun rises in the East.
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #160
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Golden Post

Mr. Simpson I raise my glass to your post. I have to say you hit the nail on the head and I have nothing to add, nor subtract, from your post. I'm not sure you are familiar with the KPaul mode if thinking, but in his world nothing is good unless it's Japanese and the latest one. I have always tended to gravitate to bikes that were wholesale failures in sales such as Honda CBX, old Harley Sportster and Shovelhead models, Norton Commando, Triumph Bonneville, and Suzuki TL1000. My next project is likely to be an E-H or a Buell. I am scouting for a cheap E-H, but I haven't found the right bike at the right price.