Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1508-e-h-vs-royal-star-feedback.html)

seruzawa 01-06-2003 05:55 AM

Re: We weren't talking about GoldWings but in any case I'll defend the Wing

I doubt these guys even know what trials or traps actually are any more.

jsimpson 01-06-2003 06:01 AM

Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

I've already been called to task about my "Royal Star internet support groups being all but non-existent" comment. Truth is there is a pretty good internet support community out there for Royal Stars. I've used it myself! What I should have said was that the EH support community is much stronger, more useful, and more technically oriented than the Royal Star community. That could be because the e-communtiy for EH is it's lifeline, whereas Royal Stars are still supported by a dealer network.

-john

seruzawa 01-06-2003 06:02 AM

Re: they're buying the brand

Now just how far do you think that you're going to get with that attitude? You're supposed to degrade and insult everyone who disagrees with your bike choice. You're supposed to invent delusionally "objective" criteria like the "cost/performance ratio" to "prove" that your particular subjective choice is the best one possible and everyone else's choice is inferior. After all, putting others down is how we make ourselves feel superior, right?

I guess you ain't been around MO very long. So get your head on straight! ;-)

seruzawa 01-06-2003 06:03 AM

Re: E-H Vs. Royal Star Feedback

Drop THM? Never. We have too much fun with him.

jsimpson 01-06-2003 06:14 AM

Re: Yoohoo! Highwayman!!

As an ex-Harley man (two-self-built full customs, as well as one slightly modified Sporty and one slightly modified Heritage Softail), I can tell you that in order to get his arm around an EH rider, he better be riding a V-Rod or he'll never catch up to him!

seruzawa 01-06-2003 06:15 AM

Re: the Highwayman is a well paid marketing ploy.

Yeah, and of course Honda would never do the same thing if they could get away with it.

They don't have to. In Japan business just relies on the govt to keep the foreign competition away.

Maybe you should join some of our illustrious Hollywood types and move to some foreign country where they are all so much more enlightened then us dumb capitalistic rubes here in the horrible ol' USofA.

jsimpson 01-06-2003 06:20 AM

Re: Yoohoo! Highwayman!!

Harley clone? You must be thinking of an Indian. Harley clones have S&S (Harley aftermarket) motors, etc. The EH had a completely in-house designed and built 50 degree V-twin with double overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. Hmmm, didn't Harley just go that route with the V-Rod? The tranny is basically V-Max, and the front end is strictly old Excelsior Henderson (did they start cloning in 1907?) Harley styling is a misnomer. Excelsior, like Indian and Harley began this styling trend in the thirties. The imports began imitating this styling around ten years ago. If you can only read Harley, then I suggest you stick with sites (and magazines) that only speak Harleyese.

seruzawa 01-06-2003 06:20 AM

Re: The Highway Man Rides to Sturgis

Do you know why Salt Lake City doesn't have a professional football team?

Because then Denver would want one.

seruzawa 01-06-2003 06:22 AM

Re: The Highway Man Rides to Sturgis

I see that you too had a lot free bored hours during the Colts game, too.

jsimpson 01-06-2003 06:27 AM

Re: Maybe you don't understand motorcycles.

Haven't ridden a Gold Wing, huh? The Gold Wing's flat six will swallow any accord whole. The wing handles great, and stops on a dime. I miss mine, but I'm replacing it with a BMW 1100RT anyway. A comparo of the RT and the EH will be in the coming.