Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Meanwhile back in Espana... 2003 YZF-R6 First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1504-meanwhile-back-espana-2003-yzf-r6-first-ride.html)

Buzglyd 12-24-2002 05:20 AM

Re: Slashdot Like Automated Storytelling Homepage

I'm proud to say I have no idea what you're talking about.

That's got to add at least 10 points to my cool factor.

v4bryan 12-24-2002 05:29 AM

This stuff kills me

...“Nay, from this day forth it shall be the lowly atrociteur on his Asian atrocity cycle that shall prevail at the top of the motorcycling food chain, and be graced with the favor of the gods and the respect of all other men.”...

I thought that's how it's ALWAYS been- I mean, Jeez, when was the last time a Harley could get out of it's own way...when Truman was in office? Oh, wait, wait, they DID compete in AMA Superbike *giggle*.

“...For eons by immutable law of nature the Harley rider and his immaculate machine..."

Of course its immaculate-the damn things are kept under cover in heated garages and only taken out for the occaisional "poser run". Then on return, the houseboy has to polish the chrome and put the cover back on it.

"...With these words the mighty V-twins of The Motor Company, deployed across the country in journey and task of heretofore sacred immanence, became seized of bearing and hobbled of strength, ..."

So it pretty much HAS been since the Truman administration...that "seized of bearing and hobbled of strength" is the giveaway. Don't get me wrong; Harleys and the custom bikes they spawned are beautiful machines and vehicles of self-expression, but any comparison to a functional motorcycle is just unfair. To paraphrase Sean Connery, "trust HD to bring a knife to a gunfight".

You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, but don't call me...the Highwayman

obandoj 12-24-2002 06:24 AM

Re: Meanwhile back in Espana... 2003 YZF-R6 First Ride

Yo highwayman get off your knees already! You know that piece of *?&# Harley is not gonna quit puking oil no matter what you do, but the oozing sores on your knees might, anyway your viscous blood is pooling in your gelatinous excuse for a brain and distorting the view in your one slimey eye!!

ssmiley 12-24-2002 08:37 AM

4 Bulbs Please!

If it has 4 sockets, well then for gosh sakes use 4 light bulbs!

Fake cooling fins aside (metric cruiser riders), I believe most riders appreciate the honesty of their machines. If it looks like a starter motor, then it probably is the starter motor. Oil filter, tranny, carbs, ditto.

Maybe we started down this path along time ago with the Fakey airbox/fuel tank on the Â’86 V-max, but it pains me to see bike design going "New Beetle".

merv 12-24-2002 08:56 AM

Re: Meanwhile don't worry about the R6 have fun at Christmas

Its already Chrsitmas day here in New Zealand, so Merry Christmas fellow MOians. So don't believe all you hear about this place being a South pacific paradise. My bikes will be staying in the garage today.

While its meant to be summer our weather is stink, blowing 100km/hr and raining and its meant to be practice day for our 50th anniversary street races at Wanganui which will see the races happen tomorrow. Guys like Randy Mamola, Pat Hennan, Ron Grant and later Wes Cooley and others rode here in the early days.

Cheers

Merv.

KPaulCook 12-24-2002 10:48 AM

Nobody does it better thanks MO...the death of the V-Twin continues (749 & Firebolt)

Great first impression article. The videos and wallpaper are fantastic. Once again the Japanese bikes have left the world behind. Looking forward to the that Japanese Big 4, 749 and Firedolt comparo. I am sure the R6. RR and ZX will trounce the obsolete V-Twins if the rules are fair. . Merry Christmas!

KPaulCook 12-24-2002 10:54 AM

Went riding today 38 deg windy rainy not a Harley in sight.

I saw 4 other bikes today all sport bikes. Not one Harley. Real men ride in the rain. Real men ride sport bikes.

The call me the .......The Alley Boy

SR 12-24-2002 11:30 AM

Re: Start my own gang

Yeah! I'd join, heh.

Buzglyd 12-24-2002 11:53 AM

Re: Went riding today 38 deg windy rainy not a Harley in sight.

Most of us call you The Dork........

Merry Christmas

Buzglyd 12-24-2002 11:57 AM

Re: Nobody does it better thanks MO...the death of the V-Twin continues (749 & Firebo

I'm glad I don't live in KPaul's world where every motorcycle is exactly the same. All motorcyclists are allowed to buy are inline 4 sportbikes because king cook deems them superior.

What an awful place this world would be if every bike were exactly the same (kinda like inline 4 Japanese sportbikes!)