Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-24-2002, 01:59 AM   #11
TheHighwayman
Registered Member

Default The AtrociteursÂ’ Dream

In a bewildering apocalypse, the skies parted and unto the earth and its men struck a dazzling lightning bolt from the heavens. A light of blinding brilliance stunned one and all amidst cataclysmic reverberations that shook the globe to its core.

Thereupon rose a prophet, on this day of reckoning, to lead all men to a new world of values and meaning.

"Rise, atrociteurs, for you shall inherit the highway" the prophet commanded "no longer are the gods of all ages blessing those stout and hearty men who ride Harley-Davidsons. Nay, from this day forth it shall be the lowly atrociteur on his Asian atrocity cycle that shall prevail at the top of the motorcycling food chain, and be graced with the favor of the gods and the respect of all other men."

"For eons by immutable law of nature the Harley rider and his immaculate machine have defined what real men, real motorcycles and real Americans are all about. But henceforth the Harley and its rider shall swap places in the natural order of things with the decrepit atrociteur, and suffer fate accordingly."

With these words the mighty V-twins of The Motor Company, deployed across the country in journey and task of heretofore sacred immanence, became seized of bearing and hobbled of strength, and were swept off the road of righteousness by the flimsy tin and cheap plastic of the atrocity cycles. The commanding presence and intimidating force of the Harley riders were desecrated and replaced by the shallow pose and plaintive whine of the atrociteurs.

"The gods of all ages have spoken" the prophet declared "and it shall be the infinite depravity of the atrociteur and his debased atrocity cycle that shall rule the highway."

Keep dreamin', atrociteurs!

They call me . . . The Highwayman

TheHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2002, 02:45 AM   #12
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Blah, Blah....Blah, Blah, Blah

Yeesh...."defined what real Americans are all about"! What defines a "real American", Mr. Highwayman? My ancestors came over on the Mayflower, does that make me a "real American"? Does it make me more of an American than someone who became a citizen today? Is it owning a Hardley that makes you a "real American"?

Do I have to be you to be a "real American"?

Easy on the road kill, Mr. Hiqhwayman!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:12 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Start my own gang

I think I'm going to start my own gang and call it the Atrociteurs. I can sell t-shirts at all the bike events and clean up!

Thanks Highwayman!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:18 AM   #14
dlinder
Founding Member

Default Re: The AtrociteursÂ’ Dream

Oh no! My cycle is not only an 'atrocity', it is 'debased'? I always considered it such a well meaning and noble anthropomorphic motorcycle too!

I guess I'll keep dreaming...
dlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:48 AM   #15
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: Meanwhile back in Espana... 2003 YZF-R6 First Ride

Just wish it had the following:

1) Inverted Forks

2) Radial Brakes

3) 32 bit CPU

4) Steering Dampner

5) 32 bit CPU
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 03:51 AM   #16
justaspeedfreak
Founding Member

Default Re: The Atrociteurs’ Dream

A weak Hunter S. Thompson... What is your DOC??? ))

(I would guess Canadian Mist, which you should go easy on given your touch with reality...)
justaspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:06 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

The term "Real American" is usually followed by some sort of PatBuchananish political drivel or some jingoistic "kick all the Mexicans out" racist rant. Here we get pseudoreligious claptrap.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The position of the dirt bag.

Still waitin' for that DD214 Mr. Patriotic Hero.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:06 AM   #18
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Sounds like a nice bike...

I have to agree. I'm 6'4 also and have trouble fitting myself onto the newer 600's. Heck, even the 750's and 1000's are at this size now. I also regret being banned from professional racing due to my size. tough to compete when you are giving up 30 or 40 lbs to other (smaller) competitors.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:21 AM   #19
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Meanwhile back in Espana... 2003 YZF-R6 First Ride

I have to agree. I, for one, don't even like motorcycles. Why can't we have more articles on knitting? Or pictures of kittens?

Do you hear us Johnny B? Quit wasting our time with all this talk of bikes! Bring on the meatloaf recipes!
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 05:16 AM   #20
Steve781
Founding Member

He's accusing asain manufactured bike riders, presumeably sportbike riders, of "shallow pose and plaintive whine of the atrociteurs?" Shallow Pose? Has he rolled by the yuppie ice houses on a Saturday night and seen all the harley riding dentists and accountants tarted up in leather fringe and conchos like magpies with leather fetishes? And if loud pipes are not a plaintive whine for attention then there is no such thing as insecurity. Sorry Highwayman, this is your weakest effort yet.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote