Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-29-2002, 06:29 AM   #121
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Loosen up

I don't believe you to be a bigot KPaul. Insane yes. Ignorant about certain American motorcycle companies, totally. But a bigot, no.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2002, 09:27 AM   #122
sbr
Registered Member

Default A successful troll...

You folks have been wittingly conned. This couldn't be a serious post, it all reads tongue-in cheek to me, and a pretty well forced effort at that.
sbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:32 AM   #123
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Did you forget

I don't know the actual sales numbers but I'll bet you the Suzuki GSXR1000 outsells the 750. You can't buy an R7 and Kawasaki doesn't sell many ZX7s (and Eric Bostrom has won plenty of races on it). Personally, I think the GSXR 750 is the best pure sportbike available from Japan and is what I would buy if I was in the market for one.

If you're looking for torque coming out of a corner a V-twin is the only way to go!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 03:25 PM   #124
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Nobody does it better thanks MO...the death of the V-Twin continues (749 & Firebo

I take a few days off, take my wife up to our nice little A-Frame in the Utah mountains, I come back today, log onto MO and look what happens! Another well-meaning dude sucked into KPaulKook's Universe of Circular Logic. I like to Frenchify if and call it the Circular Logique Universale KPaulKook or "CLUK" for short.

Remember what longride said some months ago. It is possible to win an internet argument, but if you do you are still a dork.

KPaulKook always wins all the arguments. Haven't you figured that out yet?

My condolences. But, you have had a valuable learning experiece, have you not?

Old 12-29-2002, 03:33 PM   #125
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Went riding today 38 deg windy rainy not a Harley in sight.

Well, actually real men ride whatever the F$#% they like and ride it wherever the F#$@ they like to. But most of all real men don't give a F#@$ what anyone else thinks of their ride.
Old 12-29-2002, 04:02 PM   #126
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Yes I am a bigot. A bigot in favor of quality and value

Poor Buz. I take a couple of days off and things really get out of hand around here.

Stay out of KPaulKook's Circular Universe of Logic. You'll only go into a mental spin. This, of course is the Kook's intent.

After all, what can you say about anyone who believes that fairness enters into racing rules? It never has and it never will.

KPaul's idea of fairness in racing simply means that the rules are tweaked to favor inline-4's. If you try to argue with this you will only get the same satisfaction you would get from shadowboxing.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:30 PM   #127
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Did you forget

If you're looking for torque coming out of a corner a V-twin is the only way to go!

Touché I knew that was coming Perhaps when Ducati markets a V-4 I'll think about a V

but the Twin is a dying breed.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 05:34 PM   #128
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Price and Performance are just two factors of several...

ST4 is a beautiful bike. My prediction is that you will sell the Harley after a year.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:39 PM   #129
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Yes I am a bigot. A bigot in favor of quality and value

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a bee" Ali said right. Or maybe is was float like a butterfly. No I think the rules should just be based on displacement. 1000cc period no restrictor plates noweight limits etc. In my perfect world there would be 3 classes 600 cc, 800cc, and 1000cc. No funky rules for twins.

Old 12-29-2002, 05:45 PM   #130
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You can't handle the rain Jacks says

Thanks for that insightful opinion. However, it never fails to amaze me how the Harley crowd talks tough but when it comes to actually riding their bikes they no show. Even today I counted 7 sportbikes. Not a Harley in sight. I even went by the big Harley hang out. Guess you old Harley guys can't handle rain and a temperature under 40 degrees huh. Although I am not complaining since it leaves my favorite road clear of slow Hogs.