Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-22-2002, 01:41 PM   #71
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

Nah, see, there's a difference between scattering like minnows and simply not wanting to wait for a twice-the-price, half-the-torque overweight POS that can't keep up. I can see how you might be confused, anyone who thinks that the 'intangibles' of a Harley are worth the 4 years of tires and gasoline that they cost beyond the price of a good Japanese cruiser is obviously seeing things with different eyes than what I do.

As for the implication that only Hardly-Ableson riders are real motorcyclists, I ***** in your face. I've put nearly 9000 miles on my Warrior in the 6 months I've owned it, including one 3000 mile roadtrip accomplished in 3 days, sleeping on the side of the road. Give it up. I call you ... The Pompous Moron.
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2002, 02:15 PM   #72
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: We aim to please

I must have read more into your post than was intended. To be honest Sean, I really don't know what a cookie baking system does and even is. If your have the time, I would love to enlightened though. I agree that for MO to have a writer of Mr Burns' quality full time would be expensive. I didn't realize that being allowed to post nearly anything he wanted within certain limits was a perk. But I still stand by my guns that "Motorcycle" Online is not the most appropriate place for a political discussion. Too many people, myself included take it too seriously. I come here to relax and not have serious discussion about the state of our nation today.

Thank you for your response Sean, sorry about getting upset.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 04:22 PM   #73
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Cookie Baking was a random subject (other than politics) that I pulled out of the air. I would assume that a cookie baking system consists of an oven, cookie sheet, and misc sugar, flour, water, etc... But I'm no pastry chef.

As for getting angry, not a problem. Some of the finest stuff on this site is posted by angry people.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #74
dwr461
Founding Member

Wow, Ok I really did misread your post or I've suddenly turned retarded.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 07:23 PM   #75
cvtulley
Registered Member

Default A man without a life

Dear Readers,

I really enjoy the articles about motorcyles and the articles about politics and the alien known as the highwayman.

I come home from work, entertain my wife for a while and then check up on MO and various gold investment sites. I find the non motorcycle subjects very entertaining and often find myself lol alot. I suppose one of the reasons I subscribe to this site is the variety of postings, the humor and the intelligence. Dave is a thoughtful, well spoken person, I am a man without a life and appreciate MO and JB the way they are. ( I have 2 motorcycles and am lucky to get 3K miles a year on them, MO makes up for a lot of miles),

later,

cvtulley

cvtulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 05:32 AM   #76
seruzawa
The Toad

The claymore may be a slightly flawed analogy but the big clunky Harleys, in the hands of the rubbies, can still be quite deadly.... at least to the riders themselves and to any wildlife that position themselves on the sides of roads.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:41 AM   #77
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Cute fluff piece

Hmm, I can understand how you are enthusiastic about the tires, for I am sure they are good. But if you keep "testing" them independantly of their competitors it does not mean so much. Just being invited to a manufacturer's party has to be exhilirating, and a mediocre review will cease the flow of those invites.

As for not having the time, staff or resources, well c'mon! No time? Seriously, what is it that you lot do over there, seeing that Don Vesco's obituary was almost a week later than other sites. My guess is that you all have other jobs and this has to be a side-gig because that is how it reads, that is when there is anything to read. Not enough staff? Er, you could get away with just using two members and a day. You do not have to even test all the tires available, just make SOME kind of effort. How tough can it be to get just, for arguments sake, three of the supposed top brands and compare them. Say the latest from Metzler, Dunlop and Pirelli. That's just three sets of tires fercryinoutloud! You guys don't have the resources to acquire six tires? You just need one bike to test them on, a track day at Willow has tire changers at the ready for cheap. I, of course, am assuming that you do have a bike to put them on...
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:51 PM   #78
crankin500
Founding Member

Default No money??

M.O. claims to receive no monetary compensation for writing such fine advertisements such as this one for Pirelli. I think you guys (staff) are getting ripped off. Start doing tests on some pharmaceutical products so you can at least get free meals at work and maybe even some golf outings and such. Ethics, shmethics...... this is America. P.S. Any ideas on how to get my health insurance to pay for a new set of these Diablos?
crankin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 04:37 PM   #79
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Tire Test

While I agree there needs to be more motorcycle content, articles on tires, pipes, shocks, etc. are a part of motorcycle riding.

At least for those of us who think of a new bike as a starting point.

I want to see more content, but this tire article is a good start, IMHSNO.

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 05:07 PM   #80
sarnali
Founding Member

point taken,. I think stock Harley's do pretty well, it's when they start lowering and adding fatter tires and what-not that what capabilities that do exist go right out the window, Add a few brew's with yer bro's and they become real hazards.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote