Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Pirelli Diablo Tire Test (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1500-pirelli-diablo-tire-test.html)

ciao 12-21-2002 10:04 AM

dwr461 12-21-2002 10:05 AM

Re: We aim to please

Thank you Mr Bass for your prompt reply. I would like to forward one idea though. If I was subscribing to Politics Online I would expect spirited political discussions. One would expect to buy a home furnishings if you were in a furniture store. I would be upset if I got into that fictional furniture store and found that a quarter of their products was HAM radio equipment. When JB appeared on the TV show recently (nice appearence by the way) he wisely chose to talk about motorcycles. Good move considering the fact that the customers who were watching the show wanted to know about motorcycles. As I said before I have nothing against JB and like his writings about motorcycles quite a bit.

Take care,

Dave

painter_1 12-21-2002 11:51 AM

Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

Don't forget the middle age Doctor's, Lawyer's, accountant's etc. you know the men's men of our great country. scattering minnow's that's good. hear's a secret, they scattered because they didn't want to get run over by a over priced, underpowered, under braked, frame flexing 800 pound Hippo when it lumber's into the tasty freeze.

staff 12-21-2002 03:43 PM

Fair enough Dave . . .

. . . I am hereby appointing you as MO's Honorary Vice President of Burns-Wrangling. If you can pester the self-monikered "Angry, Bitter Little Man" into sticking to bikes, bikes, and just the bikes, then that's all we'll print. But we've got a pit out back filled with the rotting carcasses of the last sixteen HVPBW's that we've had around here so caveat emptor, amigo!

Good luck, #17!

Eric Bass

dwr461 12-21-2002 07:11 PM

Ok I literally laughed out loud. While it would be a great honor on my part to meet John Burns, I don't think I get paid nearly enough from MO to have THAT job.

So Mr. Burns is his own editor, owner, and free to post whatever his angry, bitter, little heart wants to post? I bet the other print magazine from which he is collecting a paycheck can control what gets printed. If I have to do a job for MO even an honorary one, I want the perks too. I want to test tires, wreck scooters, convince manufacturers of motorcycle products to donate things for review, and drive really fast for free on a track.

Take care and Merry Christmas,

Dave

sarnali 12-21-2002 07:32 PM

Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

Though the claymore was heavy and large, in skilled hands it was quite deadly, Most Harley's on the other hand, are, well heavy and large,,,,,,,,,,"bronze sword in a titanium age " is a brilliant analogy, wasn't the Roman bronze sword called a scura? Like the Moto-Guzzi, short, quick and thrusting,,,,,,,,,,,and the "katana" was a Samuri sword!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think were on to something here,,,,,, Large, Heavy, poor handling,,,,,,,, like an Oldsmobile,,,,,WAIT,,,,, I'T'S A CUTLASS,,,,,,,,I't's the new Harley Davidson FLHT BFPOS CUTLASS 88 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SeanAlexander 12-22-2002 10:39 AM

Dave,

You ask: "So Mr. Burns is his own editor, owner, and free to post whatever his angry, bitter, little heart wants to post?"

Bandwidth and storage space aren't really a problem here at MO, therefore a post on Cookie Baking will in no way decrease the quality or quantity of "Motorcycle" posts. One of MO's core values is that we allow greater editorial freedom than the average print rag. In Mr. Burns' case, this partially compensates for the fact that MO doesn't come close to paying him what he is worth. As for MO, John's "political" posts get heavy traffic and healthy feedback. IÂ’m fairly sure that if John, Eric or myself posted anything overtly xenophobic, racist or otherwise highly offensive, the owner of MO would have it pulled immediately.

GogglesPaisano 12-22-2002 10:47 AM

Re: I got yer Harley story, pardner...

Believe me, if there was someone on here posting as "StarboyStuntaGixxerR1" or whatever waxing poetic about how real motorcyclists wheelie on the freeway or that he 'beats up Harley riders for being slow' I'd have a companion piece to this one in a heartbeat. Dipsh*ts ride all sorts of bikes...

-=Goggles=-

dwr461 12-22-2002 11:44 AM

So Sean what you're saying is that while I enjoy Mr Burns' motorcycle writings, if I don't like what PO (Politics On-line) is posting I'm free not to read it? Are you implying that I vote for what I like by not coming here? My last posting was intented as a rather light-hearted jab, but now I see how it is.

Dave

SeanAlexander 12-22-2002 12:29 PM

Obviously you don't like baking cookies Dave.