Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-20-2002, 04:37 PM   #51
dcnnj
Founding Member

Default Clarifying the Call

This is not to say that The Highwayman is a homo, to use the jargon, because that is a weak accusation. Rather, I simply mean to call into question the validity of The Highwayman as the champion of the rugged, brute strength of a Harley, in light of the social implications of his mien. It conjures The Village People moreso than Peter Fonda and James Dean. I am SURE that it couldn't be ol' JohnnyB, because he would have come up with a more exacting symbol to carry the mantle of American Iron.
dcnnj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2002, 05:42 PM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I got yer Harley story, pardner...

As a Harley rider, I have to admit that is funny as hell. Sad but true for a large segment of the Harley crowd.

Now I need to start working on my "sportbike poseur" complementary piece if someone hasn't started on already.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 07:12 PM   #53
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I got yer Harley story, pardner...

I don't know ANY Harley riders that are this delusional, then again I avoid dip-****s as much as possible, I go with the JB-......HIGHWAYMAN....... conspiricy myself, I don't think anyone can be that over-the-top, then again I don't live in Californy or Florida so who knows, I know Daytona gets it's share of poser's, and they don't call Cali. the land"o"fruits an' nuts for nothing
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 07:18 PM   #54
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default JB/THM

Have you ever noticed that you never see JB and The Highway Man together?

hmmmmmm?
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 02:40 AM   #55
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

Since THW has been an idiot?
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:08 AM   #56
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: An open note to MO

MO,

I've had a lovely counter on the bottom of MO homepage now for about two weeks. It tells me that I have 14 days until my subscription is over. Now I don't have a subscription to Sportrider, any of the various HD oriented magazines, or dirt riding magazines. Not because they aren't a valuable part of a segment of the motorcycling community but rather, they don't write about anything that interests me. So I've been reading the content at MO for a year now, and I am sad to say that I have found little here that interests me lately. Sean it was a well written piece, but I ride my bike daily and never to the track. There was no actual facts just subjective feel. I could get that review at my local sportbike rider shop. I'll never consider using it on my bike because I'm sure it wears like crap. I don't use race track tires on my car either. But if I choose to pay a lot of money for increased traction I'll never use, I would make my decision as to what tire to purchased based on both subjective reviews and factual testing data.

Lastly, I like JB and respect his opinion as a motorcyclist. But I don't care to read his political opinions more often than motorcycle reviews about anything that interests me. The fact that he has a fine education in the humanities, or is a "journalist" does not make his political opinion better than anyone else. It's also subjective.

I just finished looking at the homepage again while typing this note. I'm sad to say that, there is not one article posted that remotely interests me. I really hope that MO will post something good in the next fifteen days, to justifly my money. I could read motorcyle daily about uninteresting topics, without the political indoctrination for free.

Take care,

Dave
Old 12-21-2002, 03:43 AM   #57
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: An open note to MO

Ok, I was looking through the bike reviews and product reviews for items dated for 2002. I guess I was a bit harsh. Still it seems like the last couple of months while great for some other readers have sucked for me. But this article still read like an advertiser's spin. I know Sean or MO isn't on the take for Pirelli. But when you only give your opinion on a tire rather than testable, reproducable data you open yourself to such criticisms. I still have not changed my mind about JB. Sir, I like you and writings about motorcycles but please leave the politics were they belong.

Take care,

Dave
Old 12-21-2002, 04:02 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Spinning Mental Wheels a bit out of round is more like it

Very little snow. Maybe a couple of inches at Hill AFB none in the valley. The resorts are using snow making machines a lot.

We've been in a dry weather cycle for a few years now. No one wants to say "drought".
Old 12-21-2002, 04:11 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

Sword? Nah.

Harley-Davidson..... the arbalest of the motorcycle world. The claymore? The rock in the sling? The Bronze Sword of the Titanium Age?

Lots of possibilities here.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:31 AM   #60
staff
Registered Member

Default We aim to please

Thanks for the feedback Dave. One of the laws of editorial physics is that for every opinion there is an equal and opposite opinion. Rather than become like the Democrats and Republicans and respond to that circumstance by saying nothing that could ever possibly offend anyone, we try and position ourselves more like a 3rd Party candidate. We may PO a few folk and not everyone is going to stick around to listen to what we have to say, but hey at least we voice our subjective opinions and let you put as much or as little stock in them as you like!

Eric Bass
staff is offline   Reply With Quote