Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-20-2002, 08:51 AM   #31
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

I do not ride a Harley. But you have convinced me of the error of my ways. LOL Good story.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2002, 08:52 AM   #32
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm a little disappointed with this effort

Maybe JB was still jetlagged from his return from Spain.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:18 AM   #33
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Spinning Mental Wheels a bit out of round is more like it

>>your essay today gets a C-. You 've overused the words "atrocity" in different forms and twice used the word "stout" as well.<<

In addition, his sentence structure (if you can call it that) leaves a lot of room for improvement. Note that each paragraph begins with a complete sentence, but the remainder of the paragraph, with rare exceptions, is made up of sentence fragments.

If you give him a C-, you are a very generous grader! My high school English teacher would have failed that paper.

Regards,

Bob

PS: Are you getting snow in Utah?
Old 12-20-2002, 09:24 AM   #34
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: The Hog and the Sword and they call me the....

Hey KPaul

I bet you are really jealous that your Ninja doesn't have "...heavy-duty bearings as big as a manÂ’s fist and ... hydraulic forks as chunky as bridge girders...." LOL

Cheers

Bob
Old 12-20-2002, 09:35 AM   #35
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Homoeroticism!

I consider myself to be pretty openminded, and while having very limited personal interest (except, of course, for that involving lesbians!), I have no objection to it, in its proper place. This much eroticism of any kind could threaten the "family" orientation that this site strives for

Bob
Old 12-20-2002, 11:24 AM   #36
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Tire Test

The Diablos have slightly revised compounds and different tread grooves than the Sportec M1s, but yes they are siblings and perform similarly.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:32 AM   #37
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Cute fluff piece

I'm glad you thought it was "cute" As for fluff, it is my honest impression of the tires. If I sound enthusiastic about them, it is because I am. I don't work for Pirelli, nor do they advertise or otherwise pay us.

I would love to get every sportbike tire available today and do a mega shootout for you. Frankly, we have neither the staff nor the money to pull off something of that scope at this time.

If and when another manufacturer has a new tire intro, IÂ’ll be there testing them. If you are suggesting that we should refrain from posting any content that is about a single brand, IÂ’m afraid I canÂ’t help you there, the rest of our subscribers demand whatever content we have the opportunity to provide them with.

Old 12-20-2002, 11:45 AM   #38
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default I got yer Harley story, pardner...

It's easy to distinguish a Harley from other bikes, even from far away.

Some Harleys have an overwrought, overweight facade. Fenders mimicking the same bike from fifty years previous, with chrome bumpers straight off the boat from Taiwan. The tires so fat that hold the road so poorly. Forks that clunk over every bump. Fat wide handlebars and highway pegs splaying the feet of an overweight dentist like a visit to the gynecologist. $250 engineer boots ticking off the reflectors of roadside mailboxes. All in all the front end reminds one of a giant tugboat plowing along, and heaven forbid one plan on changing direction quickly. Dr Williamson is safe and secure in his manhood thanks to his overpriced bad boy image-machine with it's gut wrenching 60 horsepower and anemic-for-1450-cubic-inches 75 foot-pounds of torque. Of course his straight pipes robbed eight of those foot-pounds but Dr Williamson, errr "Snake Eyes" knows he's still riding too much bike for his limited skills.

Other Harleys shun the fat look, preferring to emulate styling that is only thirty years old. A 21" slicer that grips even less than the fat bike's 16 incher, often emerging several minutes before the rest of the wheezing chrome fecalcycle. "Warlock", aka Jimmy Lipschitz, pilots his machine with the deft talents of a guy who just finished the MSF beginner's course. The man and machine are as one, he with his pointless leather vest and concho-laden chaps, the machine with it's mismatched tires destroying any semblance of handling capability. Everyone at the poker run agrees the start must be delayed an extra fifteen minutes while they lace up their sundry leather goods purchased at full retail from the dealership that charged them 25% over MSRP for their beloved egobikes.

These are the machines of the lemmings who feel they can purchase "coolness" with their checkbooks. Stout and hearty folks who shun exercise beyond the occasional walk from the bike to the Dairy Queen during the cruise-in. Men and women who easily put 3000 miles on their shiny steeds last year. Men who act tough until you call them out. Women content to be an ornament on an already tacky bike. People for whom cost is no object so long as their bike has some accessory their friends does not.

Harley people.

It is no surprise that when other bikers see a flock of shiny Hardly-Movingsons on the horizon they make room for the lumbering chrome turds to swerve on by, knowing full well how poorly these behemoths are piloted by the R.U.B.s that typically own them.

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:46 AM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

LOL good one
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Spinning Mental Wheels a bit out of round is more like it