Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-19-2002, 08:22 PM   #11
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Tire Test

Well, just to tell MO that I think you're doing right. I like to learn about "oil cahnges" because I didn't get to learn about this stuff when I was a kid. I NEED to know how to do this stuff. I NEED this education.

Shade tree mechanics get fewer and fewer every year, because no one wants to teach it. Hell, I want a fuel injected bike because I'm not afraid to screw with FI...but I'm terrified of messing with a carb. Go figure.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2002, 09:12 PM   #12
ebass
Founding Member

Default Check out the "Bikes" tab, Bruddah . . .

. . . This ain't no stinkin' 5 articles a month print rag, we've got an archive online 24/7/365 with 9 years worth of reviews of like 1,000,000,000,000,000 bikes. I'm just guessing here but there are probably at least a few you haven't read about yet. Anyway, when the OEMs come out with 365 new bikes a year (Santa . . . are you listening?), we'll cover all bikes all the time, but in the meantime, we try to keep the natives from getting too restless with whatever else seems interesting that day.

Eric Bass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:36 AM   #13
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default The Highwayman is a STROKE

All I can say is that I'm surprised The Highwayman can type one word with all of that Astroglide on his hands...
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:51 AM   #14
blackgpz
Founding Member

I know Metzeler makes some of Pirelli's tires. Is the Diablo Pirelli's Sportec M1 (which I love)?
blackgpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:08 AM   #15
robb_millett
Registered Member

Highwayman, dude, the continued bombastic references to "stout and hearty men" reek of homoeroticism...all that "chrome and leather fetishism.. jesus, dude! lighten up, ok?
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:11 AM   #16
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

As the atrocitors ride swiftly by, I search yet again for that damn oil leak that has me stranded in the rain again!

I'm just kidding I know and work with a lot of Harley riders. High school principals, business owners, oh and and a couple of the female secretaries here at the high school I teach at!
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:13 AM   #17
jkayatin
Founding Member

Default Boba Fet or the Rocketeer?

My girlfriend and I are arguing about the artwork - who is that guy riding the bike out of hell?
jkayatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:13 AM   #18
BostonDuck
Registered Member

To MO Editors:

The Diablos sound great. You called Sean a Pirelli-Hack...makes me wonder - Is Sean giving a completely independent opinion?...Does he have any affiliation with Pirelli?
BostonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:19 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Spinning Mental Wheels a bit out of round is more like it

Some Harleys carry a stout predatory facade.

How true, how true.

Plowing ahead with the intimidating momentum of an avalanche......

And all the mental acuity too, I'll bet.

..... and the complete assurance that itÂ’ll never have to yield the right of way to anyone.

Those who drive eighteen-wheelers might have a slightly different opinion. Perhaps soon "The Highwayman" will be known rather as "That Spot on the Grill of Ernie's Peterbilt".

Other Harleys carry a stealthy and deadly message in their approach.

More deadly than stealthy, that would be the stench of your urine encrusted originals.

Stout and hearty men.....

They wouldn't be so stout if they laid off the Big Macs, brownies and Budweiser for a while.

Sorry THM but your essay today gets a C-. You 've overused the words "atrocity" in different forms and twice used the word "stout" as well. While you do maintain your uniquely high standards of delusion your prose today leaves much to be desired.

Repeat after me "Honda Shadows are more 'Made in America' than any Harley". Do this until it penetrates your dessicated gray matter.

Oh by the way, are all those vets who ride foreign bikes insufficiently "American" for you? My uncle who fought at Tarawa later rode one of those "atrocities". He doesn't meet your supposed "standards"?

Post your DD214 for us, you fraud.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:31 AM   #20
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default Re: Tires and Wheels of a Harley

Wow.

The Highway Man spews false propaganda better than the Gov!

P.S. I heard he rides a Rebel.
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote