Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-18-2002, 10:50 PM   #31
downtown_1
Registered Member

Default Re: '03 R6: A Film By Randy Mamola

closer I can get - since i am going to see this bike in person -not before march.

great movies.

thanks

downtown, Israel

downtown_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2002, 06:15 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: How many weeks without new content and then this?

I just wish that MO would return to being Motorcycle Online, not the Racingedgesportbikesonly Online that it's become.

Old 12-19-2002, 06:24 AM   #33
obandoj
Founding Member

Great stuff! Randy had that thing doing 162.5 miles an hour! Awsome. We want more, we want more.....
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:37 AM   #34
ebass
Founding Member

Default Excellent ideas!

Ross,

I think you make some very insightful and sophisticated points! The good news is that you folks seem to feel as though we are doing a pretty good job so far. The better news is that there is still lots of room for improvement and we plan on improving a whole lot in 2003 and beyond. We always appreciate reader feedback, especially when people make a reasoned recommendation rather than just "MO sux" or something equally useless.

Just so that you know, there are a few obstacles to the kind of journalism you are proposing. First of all, few OEMs are willing to part with a bike for extended periods of time. A small number of test bikes gets circulated through all the media. Second of all we have this terrible problem around here in that there are usually 6-8 of the latest and greatest new test bikes stashed in our garage and only 4 of us to ride them. Tragic, I know! So frankly, we tend to lose interest in anything that's been here longer than a month or so. Honestly one of our greatest assets here is the astonishing depth of knowledge possesed by readers like yourself.

Do you think putting up BBS' devoted to individual OEMs or even popular models of bike would be valuable?

What about if we asked readers to identify what kinds of bike they own in their profile and then provide a searchable database so you can contact someone who owns a bike you are interested in?

Got any other bright ideas?

As far as the slow content month, we have a ton of stuff in the works and just got a little constipated. Don't worry, the Pepto Bismol is taking effect and you should be up to your waist in fresh stuff soon!

Eric Bass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:40 AM   #35
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: How many weeks without new content and then this?

Hang tight amigo, we have a feature on Excelsior-Henderson coming any day now, a performance cruiser shootout on tap, and even (GASP!) an Indian test coming soon!

Eric Bass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 08:04 AM   #36
chriss_1
Founding Member

OK OK.. it's been a day and change.. Plenty of time for rest. Where's the rest of the story? I'm itching for it!

thanks!
chriss_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

" I still want a Speed Triple or a Sprint ST or a Road Glide or a Trophy or a Monster or a Tiger"

I have to discount your opinion totally, because not one bike you mentioned in your post has a very good price/performance ratio. Get with the program, will ya??
Old 12-19-2002, 10:03 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Excellent ideas!

Eric, I believe just a news tidbit or item each day or every few days are what people are asking for. Big tests and shootouts are fine, but most want a reason to visit every day and see something new. Seeing the same headlines and news for a week or two gets frustrating for many here. I read about Don Vesco's passing all over the Internet, but nary a word from MO on it. He was certainly a famous and noteworthy motorcycle personality that was worthy of a few words, don't you think? There are lots of little news stories all over, and with a little effort could be written up and put online here. Maybe the staff is too shorthanded or out doing other business, but I believe more regular postings would be just what the site needs.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:21 AM   #39
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent ideas!

The BBS idea is good except there already are boards devoted to several bikes and there are so many models the whole thing could get unwieldy in a hurry. I like the searchable database idea though. Search under the make, model, and year like you would on traderonline and leave a message with the only other guy registered with MO who owns a Matchless G50. It might be useful to have a "previously owned" section of the form too, so guys who had Nortons for twenty years before switching to Guzzis or whatever can still share their knowledge.

Can't wait for the new content, let's see it!

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:11 AM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

Sorry dad, I'll let you pick, and I'll be happy with which ever one you buy me, honest. I'll wash it and fill it up with gas and everything. an' I won't go fast or anything.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote