Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-18-2002, 02:14 PM   #21
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: How many weeks without new content and then this?

I totally agree, I get Motorcyclist, Cycle World, and SportRider. The content in these mags has been thin and most of the time I have seen stuff in MO before. Motorcyclist's new site is like the Cycle World site i.e. basically an archive of print articles.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2002, 02:16 PM   #22
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: You need to move to California

If it was up to me I would but wife is Seattle girl, born with web feet.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:13 PM   #23
sarnali
Founding Member

What are you doing useing the "W" word on MO, don't you know this is a family site!
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:15 PM   #24
rossbiker
Founding Member

Hey, look, someone else who saw Fight Club.

*yawn* (and I agree it's a great movie, but come on...)

At least I wasn't trying to be clever, just critical.

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:33 PM   #25
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 R6: A Film By Randy Mamola

I think MO is well worth $12. bucks a year, I also subscribe to Rider, CycleWorld and Automobile, MO is just one more source of motor news, usually out first and interactive, plus I don't have to dig through piles of magazines in the garage if I want to re-read a road test, It's not the only M/C site I visit, but it's usually the first,,,And now for something completly different, I went to the bike show in Seattle this last weekend, scored a pair of Sidi on-road sympatek's for $129.00 from Seattle Cycle Center whata deal Eh? plus loads of sharp new bikes, I especially the Moto-Guzzi Scura, I saw the pictures on MO first and liked it but sitting on and looking it over live was a real treat, I still want a Speed Triple or a Sprint ST or a Road Glide or a Trophy or a Monster or a Tiger, or damn near every other bike there! the new Ducati was sharp too,,,, but I digress,,,,, MO is a steal for $12 a year, keep it up,
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:38 PM   #26
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh just you wait!

That's good to hear, but there are a lot of things I'd love to see more of. Big thing #1 would be long term ride/reviews. Keep a bike or six as a staff daily driver for a year. Still into it? Think it needs a new seat? Which leads me to big thing #2: aftermarket customization.

Very few motorcycle owners (in my experience, anyway) have a 100% stock bike. You guys criticize the brake, the suspension, the seat, the bars, etc. So do riders and the aftermarket listens! But there's no really reliable information about it. No magazine will run a story on a modded bike except for the occasional turbocharger story of an already outrageous sportbike with 220hp or something equally over the top.

When I started looking at the Sprint ST as a "better than VFR" sport tourer, I found a very slim story here on MO with a few poorly explored criticisms, then found one of the ST websites and found some very interesting but seriously incomplete information about aftermarket pipes available for it, different bar geometry, suspension mods, etc. which may make the bike completely dominating or may be money thrown down the toilet. But there's no help except to ask people who own one or two bikes at most and can't do a controlled experiment to save their souls.

It would be flat out awesome if a magazine checked out some of the claims of aftermarket pipe manufacturers, of PowerCommander, of any of this stuff and gave us some real data to work with. The story about the modded RC51 vs. the Aprilia could have been this type of story, but the effect of the various mods got completely lost in some silly grudge match story. I wanted to know more about those carbon fiber wheels. What did the reduction in unspring mass do to lap times? How did they feel on the road? Any worries about longer term use? What about the Ohlins rear shock? What kind of differences can I expect from a $1000 investment in my rear suspension? Etc.

For anything that's not just style, the aftermarket can be awfully confusing. A little help could go a long way and who knows, at least the headline won't read "Whirry, not an ounce of fatty" for weeks at a time.

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:48 PM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Well said I totaly agree.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:11 PM   #28
chriss_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh just you wait!

Right on!
chriss_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 07:16 PM   #29
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

No disrespect to Mr. Mamola, this story just happens to be on top; regarding ALL the news lately, however, what is all this prune juice and baloney oil? Ride motorcycles. Tell us about 'em. That's all.
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 10:49 PM   #30
downtown_1
Registered Member

closer I can get - since i am going to see this bike in person -not before march.

great movies.

thanks

downtown, Israel

downtown_1 is offline   Reply With Quote