Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #11
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 R6: A Film By Randy Mamola

Hey J.B., thanks a bunch, can't wait to read the full article. Hopefully you recover from all that "hard work". Travelling the world to test the newest motorcycles, hard work indeed! sheesh....
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #12
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default How many weeks without new content and then this?

When I look at the "staff" page, I don't see any writers, so perhaps that's part of the problem.

I'll agree that $12 was a great value for all of the content provided during the past year but the recent trend in minimal cycle-oriented content with long waits in between is pretty awful. As I keep being reminded, I've got 16 days to renew my subscription but I just can't make up my mind.

So I think I'm going to wait it out to see if I'm better off buying a McD's meal for two or another year of MO.

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:59 AM   #13
gforces
Founding Member

Default You need to move to California

nuff said
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:10 AM   #14
SR
Registered Member

Default Re: '03 R6: A Film By Randy Mamola

You gotta say something besides 'first post' if ya wanna post
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:33 AM   #15
Mooner
Founding Member

Default I feel your pain

We have another dreaded El Nino here in Minnesota as well. I believe That we have been experiencing Seattle's winter. All rain, no snow. My bike is put away, and there is, as of yet, no hope in getting the snowmobile out. I may be loosing it due to not getting my motor fix AAAHHHHH!
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:38 AM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: How many weeks without new content and then this?

Wow, you're really clever. Let us all know how that works out for you.

So very clever. Witty, too.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:47 AM   #17
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Somethings to think about. How I changed from MO critic to MO fan.

I turned from being a critic to a fan when someone pointed out that for $12 its not a bad deal
[*] Great videos, pictures, and writing (Burns)some sites have one or the other but not all
[*] Most of time bikes are (pre/re)viewed here before any print rag. Since MO is located in the heart of motorcyling in the US, So Cal, they get wind of the latest trends etc.
[*] Great forum. Reader feedback is great I learn a lot
[*] Bike Archives
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 10:06 AM   #18
mcjunkie
Founding Member

I agree for the most part. Content has been pretty sparse lately. I can't tell you how sick I was of seeing "whirry, not an ounce of fatty" showing up as the headline. But come on, you know you get *at least* a dollars worth of enjoyment from it every month. Also remember, every minute of the day not spent reading MO, is another minute you spent doing actual work.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:57 AM   #19
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Not much content in the print mags lately either... I've seen more/better photos of the incoming '03s on MO than I have in print. The comparisons tests could be a little longer read than they are currently... I remember years ago MO tests were long and interesting. Some of the recent ones have been pretty sparse. Still, if it keeps the site alive I can spare a buck a month to see how it turns out. The site is pretty damn good, but it can and likely will get better. One of the print mags' editors called motorcycle paysites "silly" (anyone remember who it was?) but if it wasn't a threat they wouldn't bother competing with their upcoming free site. Maybe all the guys Boehm pisses off at Motorcyclist can contribute to this site and we'll have full-size comparisons again...

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:46 PM   #20
ebass
Founding Member

Default Oh just you wait!

We have great plans for you all in 2003! The theory around here is that merely beating the print mags at their own game by providing the tests and shootouts faster and better isn't enough. We want to focus on doing things they simply can't, basically more multimedia (videos, reams of photos) and more reader community features (online chats with racers, post your own photos & stories), etc. No promises on a timeline here. This is a work in progress but believe me when I tell you that this time next year you'll be stoked you spent the $11.94!

Eric Bass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote