Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-07-2002, 07:39 PM   #11
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Long Beach IMS Motorcycle Show

Yeah, that was kind of borderline, I know. Didn't mean to offend.

Eric the Red
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2002, 02:08 AM   #12
kihei
Founding Member

Location: Gilbert, AZ - A suburb in the east valley of Phoenix.

The pics wre terrific! Saved me a trip. More than worth the sub fee. Years ahead of the competition! Keep it going!
Silver 2002 SV650S
BMWMOA 45617
AMA 576082
kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 06:02 AM   #13
grayjay
Founding Member

Toot your own horn?

Where's the 600RR?

MO...sorry, but stop patting your own back, provide more news, and get off you high horse...

...you people suck
grayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:30 AM   #14
Mikey
Registered Member

Too bad they left out the Z1000, CBR600RR, both ZX-6's, new Triumphs, uglified SV's, and the cool reaction time game at the Kawi booth. It looks like they were there either before or after the show hours so there were probably no booths babes to be found.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 05:01 PM   #15
justaspeedfreak
Founding Member

My subscription expires pretty soon. I have to wonder if y'all can buy a camera with a FLASH on it and learn how to USE it for the price of my renewal. Hmmmmmm.... I doubt it, but what say ye o' purveyors of poor photos???
justaspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 09:10 PM   #16
gringolet
Founding Member

...to make sure The Highway Man is paying attention.
gringolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 05:24 AM   #17
buck000
Founding Member

"pictoral"...? Methinks you were thinking of bike show babes when writing this sentence.

Also, picture #7 is an R1200 RT? Hmmm, it looks amazingly similar to the R1200 CL that you reviewed at http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbmw/02r1200cl.motml .

I've just happily resubscribed. Your site is worth $1/month .
buck000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 05:53 AM   #18
mike_root
Founding Member

Am I alone in feeling that the Multistrada is perhaps the purest and most beautiful distillation of Ducati air-cooled twin technology ever produced?

L-twin, single sided swingarm, looks comfy to ride, NO RADIATOR, and it is soooo red!

Personally, I love it....

mike_root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:13 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Came, saw, got the t-shirt

I hit the show on Saturday with a friend. Several new bikes (600 cc sportbikes) seemed to be missing.

I really liked the Kawasaki Z-1. The shotgun pipes are way cool. That one had me trembling a bit.

The Aprilia Tuono was cool but I'm still wondering where it fits in with the Falco. Two naked bikes with the same motor?

The 999 was very popular. It's been beat to death in discussions here so I'll just say I like it. I really like it.

The MultiStrada is another story. Funky to say the least but really none of the "big trailie" bikes are very good looking. The Caponord is weird and the V-Strom is ugly with a dumb name. I'm guessing if you are into this kind of bike looks aren't really important.

The Triumph 600 is nothing new in the styling dept.

I sat on a silver and black Electra Glide Ultra and realized January is just a month away!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:28 AM   #20
bigjames
Premium Member

Yes, MO you somewhat kick ass (wonder if that will get censored?). Just a couple of observations.

1) Show had same problem as Intermot, nothing really new, just improved and BNG stuff.

2) the Rune really does look like the HD and BMW styling folks got together, dropped acid and did a little design work for Honda! As a Harley (and BMW) guy, I have to admit I liked the old Valk! Was hoping for more of the same with the new motor. However, what they came up with is, IMHO, one butt fugly bike!

3) The R1200CL (not RT, bad MO. The Beemer faithful would love a new RT, but with more than 60 hp). Is further proof that someone in Munich is dropping acid and designing bikes. This one does look like a old R100RT tripping. Have read some good reviews in the club magazines, by folks who loathe the bike, but still enjoyed it. Very curious. I think even Hellman at OTL might not even slam it too hard! Robert, you ever read this stuff?

4) the "New" Indians at least have their own motor (ok, kinda) but they will not be "Real" until they lose that Harley primary (that looks like it would fit on my E-Glide) and belt/chain primary and go to gears, like a proper Indian should have. That and being made in Springfield Mass would come along way to becoming 'Real'! And a model engined by a 4 cylinder, in the proper Indian configuration (like my K1200LT)!

5) The Drifter is still a better looking Indian to me!

6) Italian bikes, look great, less filling, do nothing for me personally, but can see where they really could 'getcha' if the mood was right Except for the Futura, after getting over the pain of the reach, would really be able to get used to that one!

7) Japanese sport bikes, yawn, so they are fast. So is a crack *****. The Island Nation of Motorcycles really needs to do something different. Their bikes may be fast and handle great, but are getting long in the tooth and BORING! Even the new stuff is just really rehashing of their old designs. They are starting to get like Harley used to be. "Gotta keep that formula that brings in the customers at all costs." Put some saddle bags and taller bars and lower pegs on the ZX12R, call it a sport touring bike (or Concours) and then I might get interested.

Cruisers of the non-American ilk with that "American Inspired" styling are still nothing more than a bunch of Notaharleys to me. And now they cost damn near as much. Didn't understand them when they started, really don't now! Matter of fact, don't care to! Have ridden damn near all of them, still like the real thing better and ordered one. Which leads to....

9) Only have 2 weeks to go before my new baby gets here (yep, actually ordered a bike from a factory, very strange experience. Never did that before. The waiting in driving me nuts, will probably never do it again! But what a Christmas present for myself!). Then I can ignore bike shows for a year or two...or until the new wears off...

bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote