Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-03-2002, 08:46 AM   #51
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Default Re: I wish me go to college.

What that had to do with Boehm's article? His was just stupid, Burns was balanced and well thought out.

Conservative nit-wits run FOX, so you're halfway there and nobody watches the networks anymore.

Do you think CNN is Liberal?

Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2002, 08:50 AM   #52
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re: The Age-Hardened Burns: Part I Reader Feedback

Let me get this straight. The "Journalist" who graduated at the top of his or her class has a deeper more well informed understanding of the world. And therefore I should look to this persons wisdom to guide the way for me, the less informed. I don't think so. Top of their class or not, everyone brings their own personality and bias to the job. Some of our more highly educated will tell you, "communisn has never been given a chance to really work", and other such moronic statements.

I agree with many of your points. Well written and so on. Motorcycling was not intended for the masses. Socially unaccepteble! Unless gasoline goes to $5 a gallon most people will cage along lifes roads.

Just don't ask me to accept that someones level of education is licence to preach from on high to the unwashed masses. Speaking as a High School grad I must be honest. Every one of my key employees is a college grad. I wouldn't have it any other way.
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:53 AM   #53
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

I used to subscribe to BIKE. It's good but a little boring compared to Performance Bikes which is a reasonable balance between information and fun. Fun, remember fun????

This site is somewhat confusing but hey it can only get better
Old 12-03-2002, 08:56 AM   #54
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Good points, I think Burns was trying to jab Boehm on the source of Boehm's disgruntled white guy sydrome......
Old 12-03-2002, 09:33 AM   #55
wfowade
Founding Member

Default I got an example

I have many examples of the media's mostly leftward tilt. Go check the footage of PBS's coverage of the 1992 presidential election. The local Boston PBS affiliate-I can't remember their call sign-did live coverage of the election returns. When Bill Clinton obtained the required votes from the electoral college, the PBS reporters cheered-live.

Peter Jennings is a lefty. You ever heard of a guy by the name of Chris Mathews? He has a show on every night on MSNBC. He was a member of the Carter Administration and an avowed unapologetic liberal. There are many others.

If you want to know why FOX has done so well so quickly, it is because the folks in the middle are tired of the liberal tendencies in the media and are grateful for an outlet that is slightly conservative to moderate. Liberals seem to think they know better than the rest of us and don't take other's views seriously.

To deny that the majority of the national networks are not dominated by liberal types is the height of stupidity.

And the adage that all conservatives are ignorant or stupid is another great one. You liberals underate conservatives at your own peril. Sure worked this last election. Suits me though.
wfowade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:01 AM   #56
wfowade
Founding Member

Default Wheelies

Otay, I will jump on this one. I don't care if the wheeling stunta's are demolishing their bikes. I don't care if they spew their brains all over the street when they wheelie over backwards at 100+ with their bikini clad helmetless girl on the back. This is Darwinism at it's most basic. So long as their antics do not impact my opportunity to ride when and where I choose. Unfortunately none of us ride in a vac*****.

Complained about your insurance premiums lately? How many 24 year olds with clean driving records can afford to carry full coverage insurance on a liter sportbike? Without having to move in with the parents at least. Check with your dealers to find out how many sales this insuarance hurdle kills.

All of us have a debt of gratitude for these guys as well as their ilk that blow down the local roads at trans-sonic speeds. The cops and the public love this stuff. How many of you have gone to Deal's Gap in western NC/eastern TN lately? The local constublary have a regular sting going on there. I have seen the articles in the Los Angeles newspapers and TV reports as well. You guys on the west coast get helicopter and airplane riding cops to monitor bikers now. Rember Senator Danforth's attack on bikes? This was the direct result of a 60 Minutes article on this type of street riding.

So to put those of us who keep this mostly off the public or at least well traveled roads down as being paternalistic is simply wrong. And to lump it in with the left vs right political rhetoric is a hit below the belt.

JB, I like your writing even if I don't always agree with you. But lately, you have gone from being the bitter little man to being a b*tchy and egocentric little man. Give me a break and just a little respect please.
wfowade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:05 AM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm not a Republican,but......

All Republicans are assholes and morons? Including Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt (who started the National Parks system)?

I'm glad to know that all those relatives of mine, who I thought were kind and generous people are actually evil, since they are registered Republicans. Would it make you happier if they quit their charitable acts and instead changed parties? Would they become good people if they gave nothing to charity and instead just voted Democrat? Like Al Gore?

Tell me. Do you deal only with people who think exactly like you?

All Republicans are assholes and morons. Intolerant too I'll bet. Unlike you.

Old 12-03-2002, 10:22 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

What kind of a recommendation is graduating at the top of the journalism class anyhow? Isn't it like being the guy who can shoot the most beers?
Old 12-03-2002, 10:30 AM   #59
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: Wheelies

> So to put those of us who keep this mostly off the public or at least well traveled roads down as being paternalistic is simply wrong <

I completely agree with you. Well stated.
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:31 AM   #60
fizzchem
Founding Member

It would be very difficult indeed, because Wilt Chamberlain is no longer with us. Speaking of old...
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote