Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-03-2002, 06:22 AM   #41
motodude1
Founding Member

Default ***** Moehm has lost it!

Yeah, I was disgusted at *****'s "leftists" rant, esp. the part about 'media bias' and 'destroying culture.' Whatta fuggin Rush Limbaugh dittohead. That man wouldn't know an original idea if it bit his ass, which considering the latter's bulk would be quite easy.

Please, all you Republigoons, FIND me ONE example of 'liberal bias' in today's media. Just ONE. Everything is corporate-owned now, and the rah rah god bless america isn't W great lets kick Iraq's ass is all we hear from Fox, CNN etc.

Pathetic.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2002, 06:40 AM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Pass

I think I'll pass on this one. This political stuff is worse than the Sportbikes suck/Cruisers suck BS flame wars.

We all have our political opinions and plenty of places to post them. I majored in Poli-Sci at SDSU and normally love this kind of stuff but motorcycles are an escape from the real world for me and I would prefer to keep it that way.

FWIW JB. I worked in TV journalism for 5 years and the notion that journalists are somehow more educated or understand issues better is laughable. There are some bright ones out there but your average journalists knowledge on things is a mile wide and an inch deep. They dig just deep enough to get the story out and then go on to the next topic.

Hasn't every newspaper story you've ever read about motorcycles been completely idiotic? They are no better with politics believe me.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:03 AM   #43
dwindhorst
Founding Member

Come on, folks, face it: despite all the ideological bluster at fundraiser and vote time, when it comes to the actual nuts-and-bolts running of the U.S. government, and the bottom-line collection of monolithic crap that results when career politicos (who have a vested interest in looking busy) spend most of their year writing new rules, Republicans and Democrats are nearly identical. Each applies the same rhetoric, just to their respective choice causes. You can take almost any American politician's speech, change "guns" or "business" to "environment" or "choice", and the verbiage is otherwise identical. Certainly, the overall effect is: we the people wind up with less money and more regulation.

Jefferson, Franklin, et al, are spinning and gnashing wooden teeth in their graves.

Yeah, I've gotten cynical. I know voting Libertarian, for anything other than a local office such as school board or water commissioner, etc. (where a suprising number of Libs have had success, at least partially because the party creed of refusing to take federal matching campaign funds doesn't apply), is almost a complete waste of time other than for its protest value, because, as DEVO used to sing, what most people really want is freedom from choice. (That, and a sad number of Libertarians come across as more than a little nutso.) The average Jack/Jacqueline can't be bothered with thinking about important, brain-hurting stuff because it distracts them from daydreams about getting laid by Rebecca Stamos at 220 beats-per-minutes while installing that titanium Akropovic exhaust. Or being Rebecca Stamos...

But, by god, I can at least vote my conscience.
dwindhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:34 AM   #44
sqidbait
Founding Member

Default Re: More Rider, Less Bike

I also recommend Bike and RiDE; RiDE is

my favorite moto mag overall.

As far as the US based mags go, my fav

is Motorcycle Consumer News. It's a bit

more pricey to subscribe to, and it's only

black and white, but they don't accept

advertisements and they have pretty decent

bike reviews. The best part of said reviews

is their estimate for servicing costs. Who'd

a thought that these costs are important

to prospective owners? (grin)

http://www.mcnews.com/mcnews/

-- Michael

sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:51 AM   #45
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

Default Re: ***** Moehm has lost it!

Yep, just to support your statement of "Corporate-Owned".. The AMA and our illustrious government are at odds over a federally mandated emissions standard for motorcycles. Yet, the BIG GAS-HOG SUV crowd still have the 'I'm a truck, so I'm exempt' ruling.

Is this sound judgement? Is it fair? Don't they put out more pollution per vehicle? Probably per 10 motorcycles.

what a sham. Can you say special insterest?

allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:55 AM   #46
Bluestring
Founding Member

Default Re: The Age-Hardened Burns: Part I Reader Feedback

Reading Burns' rant was worth the twelve bucks, or whatever it is, a year for MO!

The analogy of "Wilt Chamberlain opening his eyes to homosexuality" is destined to become a classic!

Write on Burns!
Bluestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:15 AM   #47
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Hey! Thanks again for answering the mail on Boehm's article. It was so out in freakin off reasonableness land that I couldn't think of a better way to respond then it hit me to vent to the non-idiot Mr.B.

Thanks Again!

BikeAddict.
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:39 AM   #48
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Default Re: Ayn and the Art of Motorcycle Legislation

While long and with some nuggets, this is yet another attempt to simplify the complicated.

Fellow Hooligan sometimes.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:41 AM   #49
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Well his article talks about a motorcycle issue and the ignorance of Boehm, I see nothing wrong in this.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 AM   #50
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Normally I'd agree, but Boehm needed to be answered.