Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-05-2002, 04:16 PM   #111
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Default Re: Soon my subscription will run out.....

Hey I don't like Boehm's political views or his level of observation but I still subscribe to Motorcyclist. Hey if you can't stand dissent, watch FOX news!
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2002, 04:27 PM   #112
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

Default Re: The Age-Hardened Burns: Part I Reader Feedback

So you say you'll seek out both points of view and, then, complain that any information you find disturbing to you preconceived notions about the world are uncomfortable and should not be forced on you?

Aggressive defence of common beliefs? Like South American Spanish Missionaries, Islamic Extremists, Environmental Extremists, the Spanish Inquisition, Chinese Communists during the cultural revolution, Mormons, Cardinal Law, Abortion Clinic bombers, Cardinal Law, The thought police from "1984', Creationists, etc.................all in the name of what is safe and good and clean.
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:56 AM   #113
motodude1
Founding Member

Why should I or anyone else have to "look hard" to find balanced news coverage (ie not completely conservative, as it is nowdays)? Why isn't it a matter of daily practice in our media to give equal time to alternative views? When a 'liberal' is trotted out to comment, they're either an emasculated geek like Alan Combs and/or immediately get shouted down by the wingnuts. And Tom Dascle getting

'nearly as much' time as Bush? Wonder what networks YOU watch, and he's hardly what anyone could call a 'liberal' now is he? You gotta admit that the pro-war media far drowns out what little dissent there is. Case in point: What happened to the HUGE antiwar protests in NYC, DC and CA on 10/26? Did you see any mention of that in the media, cept for maybe a blurb on page 13 or something? Huh?? Now who's got the blinders on eh?
Old 12-06-2002, 08:15 AM   #114
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

You continue to wear them.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:48 AM   #115
sgtsv
Founding Member

Default Re: Age-Hardened Burns

A bombshell of an editorial piece, Burns.

Funny that I still like you despite your proclivity toward at least occasional runny-nosed liberal geekdom. But I do so admire your no-bullsh*t

approach and passion.

- Suburban Machinery T1 bars
- Red Fox Hugger
- Hotbodies undertray
- Targa rear seat cowl
sgtsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #116
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: Soon my subscription will run out.....

No I'll be sure to watch the door, and thanks for calling me Rush, Slick-Willy
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:22 PM   #117
Torqueaddict
Founding Member

It is the epitome of arrogance to dismiss the heartland of the country as ignorant, uneducated, and illiterate. To assume that only the ignorant espouse politically and socially conservative philosophies is fatuous and precludes any two-way exchange of ideas. Such is the liberal dogma; if a conservative disagrees with you, simply dismiss him as stupid, and you don't have to address the issues. Why should one waste his time debating ideas when one can avoid it all simply by name-calling.

Torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 01:36 PM   #118
mercybeat
Founding Member

Default MO worth the cost more everyday.

I really like the pieces that Burns has been writing. I might not agree. I might not understand. But at least he's not pumping out bull with the purpose of securing a slot at the next Honda Hoot ( aka Bohiem ).

Rail on brother... that 11.95 is the best subscription fee i've paid in my life. And if the rumors are true about Motorcyclist Mag, can you guys please hire Norm?
mercybeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 03:41 PM   #119
Drew_Swanson
Founding Member

I have met Mitch Boehm twice. Both times at the race track. Both times it was made clear to me that he is a self-righteous, self-centered egotistical fool. The Rush Limbaugh thing came up there to. Does'nt even have a clue that it is he, that is biased. I guess ignorance is bliss after-all.

I do, however usually enjoy his magazine...
Drew_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 06:00 PM   #120
DonJohnson
Founding Member

Burns,

For those among us that don't know cigarette smoking is hazardous to your health, it says right on the pack: WARNING, etc. Maybe for those among us that aren't bright enough to recognise left-leaning reportage and editorializing, or the right-leaning version thereof, every publication should have a waring label. The label would state: WARNING, the staff of the rag you currently are about to peruse is a bunch of conservative ( liberal), lefitst (rightist), Republican ( Democrat), etc writers and you should take whatver they say with a grain of salt. Better yet, now that you know what sort of spin they have applied to everything you are about to read, it is up to you to remove the spin and use your own judgement as to the veracity, correctness and/or truthfullness of what you read.

GREAT idea, huh? AM I a dreamer or what??? At any rate, I hate to hear about people of ANY stripe that have their output, opinions and ability to make a living diminished because of politics. After all, if the other guy's positon is so righteous everyone would naturally flock to them and accept whatever it is that they preach. There would be no need to use one's position in the supervisory chain to influence what those proles beneath them espouse. I guess it is just that when you have such a tenuous postion on whatever it is that matters to you in the first place, you HAVE to worry that someone (anyone) that can make sense and happens to oppose your thinking can just blow you right out of the water.
DonJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote