Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 Ducati SuperSports Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1471-2003-ducati-supersports-reader-feedback.html)

plastics 12-01-2002 01:30 PM

Re: 2003 Ducati SuperSports Reader Feedback

first post?

El_Flaco 12-01-2002 01:54 PM

Yeah, but too bad you have a broken link to the main story off the front page...

Vlad 12-01-2002 02:32 PM

Great write up. Dealt with the issues we really want to know about, and nobody else seems to be interested in reviewing the two valve Ducs. Or maybe the print media just can't get the reviews out fast enough. (I knew I let that subscription lapse for a good reason.)

Now these are real motorcycles, with real torque, ready for the real world and the nastiest, curviest mountain road you can throw at them. Why do I need a Buell when I can have one of these beauties. And the 800 is cheaper than the Buell. Plus it doesn't have the motojournalists scratching their heads about odd handling. They are Ducatis. They handle. End of problem. And for those afraid of the odd valve system, remember, nothing sounds like a desmo and any decently competent shade tree mechanic can adjust these puppies. Hell, even I can.

Ah yes, the cookie jar must be raided, secret trips in the dark of night. I want one.

Vlad

dwindhorst 12-01-2002 02:48 PM

Will half-faired models still be offered?

cdhjmatt 12-01-2002 02:48 PM

If 170-section meat actually works better in back (as this and at least one other review I've seen indicate), it's too bad Ducati has to use a 180 for "style".

JLittler 12-01-2002 02:55 PM

There's a number of bikes running 190's that benefit from dropping a width as well. Let's face it modern sports rubber only lasts a couple of thousand miles so you'll just have the engine run in when you're ready to change to a thinner rear and flog the bejasus out of it !!

Buzglyd 12-01-2002 03:31 PM

Air-cooled still good

I'm glad Ducati and a handful of other companies are still producing air-cooled motors in some of their bikes. It's become a bit of a lost art.

Two-stroke street bikes left us a long time ago. Let's hope air-cooled bikes stick around for a long time.

Suddenly I've got a hankerin' for a Yamaha RD350/400.

wwalkersd 12-01-2002 04:10 PM

Nice leathers, JB, even if your old rainsuit won't fit over the hump (what hump?).

Tell us, does that nice MO logo attach with Velcro so you can swap it with a CW one, or have you managed to score dedicated leathers for each mag? :-)

And hey, I met Dave Searle at a recent Keith Code school, and he didn't seem sedated to me. Must be the wining and dining.

obandoj 12-01-2002 04:39 PM

Or maybe he just got into scientology

desertbilly 12-01-2002 05:29 PM

Some day

Yeah, these are what I long for, when the kids are gone, the garage has space, and there's extra money in the toy account. Simple, pure and gorgeous.

Jett