Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-28-2002, 09:48 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Forfeiture of Warranty??

they go on to state that any dealership can tell if a bike has been wheelied because of scoring on the crank due to oil starvation.

If anyone told me that I'd tell them to pull the other one.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2002, 03:46 PM   #32
dichotomy
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Code Wheelie School Reader Feedback

Come on guys Â… $500.00!!?? Maybe I should market the "black-box" that retards the ignition on a BMW I turboÂ’d when the boost hits hard. Not only will it sense when you've lifted the front end too far, itÂ’ll sense lean angle as well. And ... it doesnÂ’t have to keep track of the earthÂ’s core (what a load of *****. IÂ’d have loved to heard the sales pitch some engineer gave Mr. Code on that one!!! Not to mention, there is no hemorrhoid dangling out the ass end of my bike.) Hell, if you wankers will shell out $500.00 for Code's day in the parking lot then the rest of us should get $600 for not being as gullible.

Encourage your readers to follow the sound advice of the other posters here advocating the purchase of a dirt bike! The lessons learned from a day on the dirt all by yourself will eclipse anything Code will teach in a parking lot doing wheelies for five or six hours. Or ... send them to me so I can soak 'em for $500.00 plus!

dichotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:01 PM   #33
remanking
Founding Member

I took the Wheelie School on the first day. I already have a dirt bike and agree that it is a great way to learn. But wheelies on my XR400 and my R1 are quite different. Since the deductible on my R1 is $500 I figure I rather practice lofting Keiths bike all day, and receive some pointers from Jason, than risk dumping the R1 at the same cost. There is no substitute for experience, and wheelies on a 1200 Kawi does definitely give you the confidence to hold the throttle open on the R1 when it comes up. It was a fun day and my R1 is all in one piece ready for someone that has confidence he won't loop it.

Jamie
remanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #34
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Wheelies on my XR600R and CBR954RR are pretty much the same: give it the gas and the front wheel comes up off the ground.

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:39 PM   #35
SUNNY_1
Registered Member

Hey, Jason, are you now able to wheelie your own bike? Or do you need Code's contrivance to give you the confidence?
SUNNY_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:56 PM   #36
Rude374
Registered Member

Default Re: Forfeiture of Warranty??

My buddy blew the motor on his SV650s twice because he was pulling 1/4 to 1/2 mile 11 o'clockers multiple times daily. It was fixed under warranty twice, but they warned him if it happened again, then he was on his own.
Rude374 is offline   Reply With Quote