Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-27-2002, 05:17 AM   #11
jkayatin
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Code Wheelie School Reader Feedback

Screw you and your political crap. I'll bet you're from California.

Well, suck on this, you left-coast ******* - I'm going down to 5th Avenue in Manhattan for the Thanksgiving Day Parade, and I know for a fact that I'll see a huge number of women wearing fur coats. I'm going to tell each and every one that they look hot, and that they should consider buying a hat to match what they're wearing to stay warm.

If you have a problem with this statement, then maybe you should keep your stupid political views to yourself. I frequent this website to read about motorcycles, not your self-righteous rambling horse*****.
jkayatin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2002, 05:24 AM   #12
jkayatin
Founding Member

Default Forfeiture of Warranty??

I have a brand-new 2002 GSX-R600. At a discussion forum on another website, I have seen numerous comments regarding wheelies and warranty forfeiture.

Several contibutors to the discussion forum have claimed that Suzuki will not honor a bike's warranty if the bike has been wheelied, and they go on to state that any dealership can tell if a bike has been wheelied because of scoring on the crank due to oil starvation.

Now, I like to wheelie (and I can do it without having to get a big fat dirt bike) but I am now concerned about the propsect of damaging internal components. Does anybody out there have any knowledge of this? Are wheelies that detrimental to the guts of my motor?
jkayatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:14 AM   #13
rsheidler
Founding Member

From what I can tell, that post had nothing to do with women (or men) wearing fur -- I believe it was a reference to the fake fur that sertain squids seem to like to cover their bikes' plastic with.

If you wanna comment on the poster's views of wheelies (which I personally don't agree with), go for it, but trying to read some animal rights political activism into this post is effin stupid.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:16 AM   #14
motodude1
Founding Member

Hey hey hey there, Rush, easy boy. We're from CA too. CA is fulla wingnuts and rednecks just like you; you'd be right at home. I don't see anyone talking politics except yerself. Now, crack that bottle `o JD open, pour yerself a bowl `o fruit loops, and settle back down in fronta the TV wouldya...Jerry Springer's on.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:23 AM   #15
ZR-7
Founding Member

$100 per minute...?!?! Guess my '02 Bandit 1200S has paid for its self in just a few months.

Philip
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:29 AM   #16
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Wheelie experts in high demand in Hollywood

Longride posted this on another feedback http://www.bikerboyz.com/trailer.html

Cool, It's about time Hollywood gave us sport bike guys the respect we deserve, in such a realistic film. Just kidding
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:44 AM   #17
banda
Founding Member

That's hilarious! You just unloaded on somebody for no reason at all! Peep this: Furring the 250 Ninja, or this leopard print XX. To learn even more, check out Furrybikes.com.

Don't you wish you could take all back? Do you have that "I just realized everyone thinks I'm a roaring doofus" feeling yet?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:46 AM   #18
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Not around here...

In these parts (Metro-Detroit, Michigan) a used dirt bike in good enough shape to ride costs more than $500. Add on the fact that there are few large open fields where neither land owners or DNR officials wouldn't bean you.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:47 AM   #19
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Forfeiture of Warranty??

The only modern bikes (That I am aware of, please correct me if you KNOW otherwise) which had a problem with wheelie induced oil starvation, were the 4-valve Ducatis, through the 916/955 Apparently the problem was addressed, around the time the 996 came out.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:55 AM   #20
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Re: Forfeiture of Warranty??

Generally speaking, abusing your motorcycle in any manor will invalidate the warranty. That includes wheelies, stoppies, burn-outs, racing, and other acts we call fun. Will your shop call you on it? Depends. If you come in because the pistons seized and they figure out you've been doing 1/4 mile wheelies. You're toast. If you come in because your reg/rec burned out on your '99 VFR, then doing wheelies really doesn't come into the picture.

As to your question about wheelies being detrimental to the motor. Well, it isn't good, but there's a big difference between the occasional 20 ft. wheelie and pulling a 1/4 mile loft every day on the way to work. I'd suggest you talk to the guys in your service shop. They can give you a good idea of how much abuse a bike can take safely.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote