Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-23-2002, 11:49 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2002 Scooter Smackdown!

KPaul breeding is cool. There is a "village idiot" shortage, and he is filling the void. I was kidding KPaul! You are still my favorite illiterate.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2002, 01:07 PM   #22
neoyetif2
Founding Member

I learned to love scooters when I was in Bermuda. Several of us had a real fun time, once we got used to riding on the other side of the road! Bermuda is full of tight twistys, but the max speed limit on the whole island is around 35 mph so a big bike there is a waste. On the scooter I could do full throtle everywhere. Drafting was essential. It also helped to lean off in the corners -- not enough ground clearance -- right Calvin!
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 02:15 PM   #23
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

996R says:

>>"SLAP A PAIR OF TITS ON YA..... YOUR A WOMAN"<<

996, was the second half a signature? As in: You're his A Woman?
Old 11-23-2002, 04:08 PM   #24
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

I like the style but we don't get the good scooters here! How about the Italjet 180! The Vespa 150 looks good and has fine brakes but centerfugal clutches are for ***** and those wrist shifters on the old ones!

Great Story!
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 04:57 PM   #25
dcnnj
Founding Member

Default Ahhh, Paris

I am having a Euro-vision of the MO-Scooter trash flying around Torrance in a herd like they do in Paris and Rome. Calvin should do some Steve-the-crocodile-hunter commentary for his short nature film. "Here we 'ave an example of the rare Californicus Urbanscooterus. Note the EXTREME rattle she makes when she is agitated. Definitely dangerous. Let me jump on her when she comes by. *skid* *screech* *crash* Oohh, that was a doozy. I better leave her alone." It would almost be better than 'Girls Gone Wild'
dcnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 05:33 PM   #26
tripprider
Founding Member

I sell Kymcos. They are GREAT! They are (as we sell them) restricted to 30mph so they will meet the moped regs. HOWEVER, I took a Kymco Racer 50 (49cc, 30mph) scooter, added a 70cc jug and piston (stroke stays the same), a 19mm carb, Technigas expansion chamber and silencer, Kevlar belt for durability, Polini clutch adjusted to start biting at 5000 rpm, unrestricted variator (pulley), and disabled the rev limiter. Now my scooter will do 60mph, turn 11,000 RPM, and will pull some extremely steep grades at 25 mph and then some. Fuel mileage is downa bit but the durablity has not degraded.

The grin factor associated with this thing is, as MasterCard would say, PRICELESS!
tripprider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:51 PM   #27
drthompson65
Founding Member

Great! I had a vino when I was working in Taiwan. Taiwan you have tea and scooters. Saw many wrecks but not like Hack Fu! Now let's see a zooped up Vino! Ohlins anyone?
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #28
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Thanks for catching that, and yeah, usually I am a stickler for that sort of thing. But in my defense, I think I had a few ****tails when I wrote that tech sidebar... but it's still technically accurate! I read it over again just to make sure- it's been a few months since I wrote it and I am now back in Seattle, but it actually sorta makes sense. Go figure.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:01 PM   #29
sqidbait
Founding Member

I thought it was:

EYE YAM SOFA KING WE TODD ID.

-- Michael
sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 06:05 AM   #30
ciao
Founding Member

Default ItÂ’s actually not so funny

These scooters appeal mostly to riders with little or no experience who will discount or disregard basic safety considerations because the scooters look so cute and harmless.

Even your staff rider lets his guard down and wipes out on one in a way he never would have on a "serious" bike.

In addition to the carefree attitude these things encourage, their handling is skittery at best and they donÂ’t have the power to get away from or even stay with any other traffic on the road.

TheyÂ’re an accident waiting to happen.

ciao is offline   Reply With Quote