Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-21-2002, 12:18 PM   #81
Meatball_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Passionless

and obviously

4)No wife

5)No kids

6)You must not have to work for a living

7)You don't live in Calgary (I do)

I could go on and on but for everyone's sake I wont.
Meatball_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2002, 06:02 PM   #82
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Greedy salesman is morally bankrupt

Sorry for being a cynical bastard rather than "idealistic."

I believe everyone has the right to kill themselves however they see fit. It's something called liberty. Personally, I ride "slow" bikes (H-D and Ducati). But I'm not going to interfere with anyone's dream to ride a $10,000 cruise missle.

FWIW, the dealership I worked in would have shown me the door had I turned down any deal. I had bills to pay and mouths to feed.

I always recommended a local riding school but beyond that, if they wanted the AK-47 they would get it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 03:50 AM   #83
grubz916
Registered Member

I'm with you Buzglyd. Slapping someone's hand for disagreeing with their idea as to what type of bike you should be riding is the reason our government feels compelled to protect us from ourselves. Personally I feel that the only people that have any right to question one's logic are their spouse and parents (up until they leave the nest or start paying rent). I pride myself on taking full responsibility for my own decisions, whether that means riding w/out a helmet, buying a GSX-R1000 a day after MSF class, touching a hot stove or peeing into the wind. Nobody walks into a dealership at gunpoint and is forced to buy the latest and greatest. Treat people as intelligent individuals, present all sides of the argument and let people decide on their own and bear all consequence.

I hate people telling me what to do.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:58 AM   #84
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

I'm just afraid if we, the motorcycling community from dealers to instructors to riders, don't take responsibility for ourselves then they, the government from local cops to state and federal legislators, will.

That even goes for the AK-47 crowd.

Ride well. Ride often. Enjoy!
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 02:35 PM   #85
ciao
Founding Member

Default 2002 or 2003?

Your article is titled "2002 Ducati 999 Comes to America" but isn't the 999 a 2003 model?
ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 02:54 PM   #86
DucButt
Founding Member

I gotta side with you too, Buz - business is cutthroat, and if one dealer won't sell a bike to a hapless squid, another one will. Therefore, why lose the sale? We all have bills to pay; we all have responsibilities to uphold. I believe in survival of the fittest - this society goes too far out of its way to ensure survival of the unfit - which really only costs the rest of us more - in terms of dollars, safety, etc. Why should it be anyone's responsibility to protect some idiot from his/her own stupidity? Won't they eventually kill or maim someone anyway? I'm open-minded, but I get on a soap box when it comes to the abdication of personal responsibility - let's start taking responsibility for ourselves before we tell others we need to protect them from themselves - society already tries to protect us from our own stupidity - but not all of us are stupid - that's what happens with this idealistic thinking.
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #87
intruderman
Founding Member

Default gollum...gollum...

We wants one of these, yes we do, oh my precioussssssssssssssssssssssssss
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #88
999pilot
Registered Member

Default Re: Passionless

I've been riding for over 20 years and this is absolutlely the dumbest thing I've ever read. Poser or not, you pass someone like that on the street you should get your arse kicked for being the dumber of the two.
999pilot is offline   Reply With Quote