Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-18-2002, 07:17 AM   #51
mconlon
Founding Member

Default Re: Passionless

Honda rider on a brand new RC51 with aftermarket cans and brand new leathers? Or the same rider on an R1, GSXR-1000, or CBR954RR? Yeah I would feel just as good stuffing such a person! OTOH, I wouldn't do it or feel as satisfied to do the same to the obvious newbie in Joe Rocket gear on an SV650... Income disparity? Nonsense! Poseur disparity? Absolutely!
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2002, 07:26 AM   #52
mconlon
Founding Member

Great! Find me a mid-90's air-cooled twin sporting standard that I can purchase as cheaply as my used M900. Oh, that's right, no one else was making them at the time...

Ducati's are not overrated--I've yet to read one magazine test that isn't quick to point out their shortcomings, or hear the same from a serious, objective owner--but there are plenty of fools willing to pay more for them than they are worth from just a performance standpoint...

BTW, ever ridden a Ducati?
Old 11-18-2002, 07:33 AM   #53
mconlon
Founding Member

Default Re: Here here

Nothing but scorn to those who buy ANY bike, new full-leathers, racing boots and gloves, aftermarket goodies, (or touring gear, or chaps and bikini tops) etc. and then do less than even 1-2k/yr. Scorn that they're not riding, but also a whole heapin' helpin' of jealousy that I can't go out and do the same. Although I suppose if I wasn't off touring and replacing things that wear out on my bikes I might even have the cash to do it. Oh, the dilemma!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:46 AM   #54
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati 999S Track Test

Is the S model the "monoposto" referred to in the article?
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:24 AM   #55
granny
Founding Member

The argument in favor of economy that appeals to what one needs versus what one can afford is ill founded. Most people have more than they truly need, most could exist on far less. But most people are not willing to live at level of basic sustenance. For some people, $18K is not that much money. Some people spend that on a single item of jewelry (or cosmetic surgery).

I admit that but for the lack of resources, I would have one of everything but be careful when you use the word poser, since as the Bard said "All the world's a stage and the people, players".
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:47 AM   #56
Huss
Founding Member

But at least the current new Harleys still look nice. With the current Supersport series, and now the 999, Ducati has lost its look of lust.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:49 AM   #57
AzizaVFR
Founding Member

I believe the name you are looking for is Danny Farnsworth.
AzizaVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:01 AM   #58
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati 999S Track Test

Lotta cash for something that may be marginal on the track. Nice looking as a mantel piece but the 916 is prettier. If you don't have a void in your shorts you might should look else where. Hell, life is short. Get what ya' like. You say there is no point to this posting? How very 999.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:24 AM   #59
KPaulCook
Banned

Well said
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #60
KPaulCook
Banned

Default First pics of 2004 Aprilia RSV Mille

First pics of 2004 Aprilia RSV Mille