Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Download Rossi Photos from MO (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1448-download-rossi-photos-mo.html)

merv 11-06-2002 12:45 PM

Re: Download Rossi Photos from MO

Cool find JB. Its all a bit much for my 56k modem to take in at once but thanks.

GregGorman 11-06-2002 03:17 PM

Now that's the kind of stuff that should be online. BIG pics. Let the user decide the zoom level.

johnnyb 11-06-2002 04:02 PM

Right, that's me, quite the journalistic sleuth. What I did, see, was open my e-mail from Honda' s racing PR arm, and scroll to the bottom--an there's the fotos... all in a day's work...

Agent0090 11-06-2002 04:20 PM

Nice. I know that MO didn't snap these photos, but it does remind me that one thing I almost always like about your articles is the quality of the photos. Bring on the art!

DeanKorosec 11-06-2002 08:49 PM

JPGs in ZIPs? Not a smart move...

> Is wallpaper the same as a screen saver?

> Someday I shall learn more about computerspeak.

Dear MO,

not just computerspeak, but some other things too...

Don't you know that JPG is a compressed image format. :)

And beyond that - its compression is way more efficient on bitmap images than ZIP, so there is absolutely no reason to ZIP compress (already compressed) JPG files. As you may notice - there is absolutely no space saving (even a marginal overhead!), and it introduces one more step (unzipping) in the download process, which may perhaps confuse less savy users.

Other than that - great riding, awesome photos!

Regards,

Dean

staff 11-06-2002 09:36 PM

Re: JPGs in ZIPs? Not a smart move...

Yes, but the .zip on the end forces a download instead of just loading into the browser and then saving the file from there, thus, people have to download them and unzip instead of flipping through MO eating bandwidth looking at 3500x2400 pixel pictures...

Nem 11-07-2002 12:28 AM

Clone thumbnails

In thumbnails view type page the third Valencia and second Phillip Island thumbs are the same, and the first thumbnail brakes the page formatting, it's in full size.

DZR 11-07-2002 02:06 AM

If Rossi's administering doses of "kicked ass", Barros must be having an adverse reaction to the medication.

:)

Edwin_Brown 11-07-2002 02:39 AM

Please tell whomever composed the article that Biaggi rides a Yamaha for the Marlboro team and the bike is Red. Alex Barros rides for West Honda Pons and his bike is a black RC211v.

Given this. It appears that the pictures in Round 16 and Round 15 are mislabed and should say Barros_Rossi.... :D

banda 11-07-2002 03:39 AM

From the news item: If your name is Alex Barros, you kick ass too, but you'll probably have to wait till next year to get a dedicated wallpaper page. Sorry dude.

It seems that if your name is Barros, you will have to wait till next year to even get proper credit under your own name. Biaggi indeed!