Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-05-2002, 06:53 AM   #71
crankin500
Founding Member

Default Put some pantyhose on it

They can cover up a lot of ugly.
crankin500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2002, 07:22 AM   #72
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Aprilia Tuono

I get enough nagging from the g/f... I was just trying to take comfort in that I could ask a simple question without being nagged like women nag me.... I guess i went a little crazy... 20 yrs old with payments on a new busa... and college and football, i am going crazy... the g/f didnt like the purchase, i wish she came with an off button.., ANY more talk and shes gonna walk. YOU KNOW what its like to be scrutanized constantly??? U would explode too
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 07:25 AM   #73
99R6
Founding Member

LOL
Old 11-05-2002, 07:28 AM   #74
99R6
Founding Member

I am gonna start smoking cigs.... and riding Harleys
Old 11-05-2002, 07:35 AM   #75
99R6
Founding Member

But I LOVE MY BUSA... and i wouldnt have made a different decision under any circumstances.... and i hope the g/f is reading this.... Ride safe everyone.... GREAT SITE TOO... Johnny B is an unbelievable writer too... even though he is a smug little man... The best site on the web... lets have some happy posts and tell MO what a good job their doing, i think everyone needs to hear this stuff once and a while.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:28 AM   #76
12er
Founding Member

Default Off topic Preaching.

Well I hate to break it to you but it doesnÂ’t get much better than you got right now. With your future ahead and the wind in your face, ah what a fine time to be alive.

If you donÂ’t happen to be a father already I would highly recommend putting that off for at least another 5 years, ten would be better. With divorce rates at what they are (or even more easily a pregnant ex GF) you could easily end up with $1000 a month child support (or more). Try living when your paying someone elseÂ’s Mortgage. Add in a Mortgage of your own and the threat of being laid off everyday and presto youÂ’re now in the shoes of most of us out here.

While I'm not trying to paint the world black, I am trying to show most stresses are of your own doing and can be avoided. Make your decisions wisely. If your GF is adding more stress than she is taking away you may be better off just focusing on your studies and not on a relationship. Same with Friends. The more you party in College, the less you learn.

Yes this all relates to motorcycles, we have a stressed out 20 yr old on a Busa. The fastest thing you can buy... Hell the thought of it sends chills down my spine.

All I can say is never ride loaded or without your gear. Thinking about it, a couple weekends of partying could have easily bought a very nice set of pants and jacket, if you havenÂ’t already. By your own hand you have the gun to your head and the hammer back, donÂ’t pull the trigger (aka pin the throttle)... With a little luck and the right choices you'll see 40 in no time, along with thousands of happy miles behind you.

Good luck with your studies.

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:31 AM   #77
mconlon
Founding Member

Of the two prototypes shown last year (year before, maybe?), the one I was drooling about was the Mana ETV... with perhaps a different headlight/bugscreen setup. A real original, nto completely clean sheet, but close to it, bike. And the derivative Tuono. I imagine the Tuono was the no-brainer parts-bin special, but I was sure hoping they'd make the Mana first. Will I consider buying a Multistrada? Not likely. How 'bout the regular ed. Tuono? I'd buy the multistrada first. But the Mana--that I would have been sleeping out in front of the Aprilia dealer, money in hand, to be the first to place a deposit for one-a them...
mconlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:02 PM   #78
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Look again

The chart's confusing because the dip in torque (not horsepower) happens right at the 5250 rpm crossing point. Below 5250, the left line is hp. It goes up continuously, but more slowly around 5000 rpm.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:08 PM   #79
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia does more with less, H-D Buell could learn from this

I can read, you just don't have an answer.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:12 PM   #80
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: CA Street Legal Dirt Bike Conversions

Don't forget your Husky TE610E and SM610S, they're both street legal in all 50 states.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote