Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-03-2002, 02:41 PM   #31
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Aprilia Tuono

Thank you 12er, for restoring my flagging faith in humankind.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2002, 02:44 PM   #32
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Go see the 999

As with many of my favorite CD's. First pass thru you are ticked you bought it, but somewhere down the line it gets better and better.

As for the 999 even with the half inch adjustability of the pegs Im pretty certain it would still be too tiny to fit my hugeness onto. That being the case I could care less about the bike. I just found it funny that they realized people have been put off by it and felt they had to beg people to see it in the uh er flesh to change their minds.

The multistrada is what I really want in a playtoy but it goes so far beyone ugly its incredible. Hence why my curiosity for the KTM LC8 has been building for so long. An SM with a top end is what a wish for. Actually a CR500 with a baja kit is what the Dr. ordered. To bad I dont know anyone in the CA DMV I could bribe for a tag.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 07:35 PM   #33
westland
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Aprilia Tuono EFI Mapping

The dyno chart shows a nasty flat spot from 4K-6K ... I didn't notice any comment in the text (or perhaps it was hidden somewhere in John's florid prose and I wasn't paying attention). Probably opens up an aftermarket niche for Power Commander

Any comments John?
westland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:56 PM   #34
12er
Founding Member

I think I just got to the bottom of it all, see below:

Re: Moto Guzzi V11 Scura Reader Feedback (Score: 1)

by 99R6 on Thursday, October 10 @ 14:46:20 PDT

(User Info | Send a Message)

smokin da juana

I assume Juana means G@nja and would explain quite a bit. DUDE, PUT THE B0NG DOWN!!! Just put it down... Or at the very least stay off your bike till the munchies fully subside.

In the immortal words of Dean Wormer, "Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life"

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:16 AM   #35
richardnixon
Registered Member

Default Design

The Tuono is an incoherent jumble of styling ideas. After all of the negative commentary heaped on the 999 I am tremendously surprised to be reading praise for this monstrosity.
richardnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:38 AM   #36
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Yosef,

I am actually in Austin. I prefer the dealership in Waco over the dealer here in Austin. Nice to see the Texas connection. You should get JB to open the MO coffers and plan a test here in the Texas Hill Country.

Chuk
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 02:39 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Aprilia does more with less, H-D Buell could learn from this

Why would Aprillia get a congrats for making a more expensive and inferior performing bike than the Japanese, but Buell gets a big no-no? This bike is 12 thou and the Buell is 10. With an extra 2 grand the Buell will perform equally as well as this bike. The almighty price/performance ratio doesn't favor either bike against Japanese equipment. Why are you so high on a bike that is at least as, and maybe more impractical to own as a Buell? You should be admonishing Aprilia for producing a bike that produces so little horsepower for so much money. At least be consistent and quit playing both sides of the fence. Either this bike has a good price/performance or it doesn't. Certainly doesn't look like 12 grand buys very much horsepower on this Aprillia. Am I correct here KPaul?
Old 11-04-2002, 03:03 AM   #38
Stefan_Hartmann
Founding Member

Well,

seems the real bikes come back. I'd still wait for KTM's 950 Duke and MZ's 1000. The KYM engine in the EnduroTourer "Adventure" looks to have a mountain of torque where the Italians have a huge gap. Is'nt riding a twin supposed to deliver torque in midrange? Comparing the Buell with this thing does not make sense, the me-to-Harley is still a concept based on technology from 100 years ago! Only the styling is similar: cluttered up lines, plastic canisters and all that stuff where a motorcycle is supposed to show off.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:59 AM   #39
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Wait a minute!

Your truck cost more than your bike(s)? Ludicrous!

Old 11-04-2002, 04:01 AM   #40
pplassm
Founding Member

Default I had a Street legal CR500 once

You don't know what you're missing!