Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-03-2002, 03:17 AM   #21
vx49268
Founding Member

Default Dyno flat spot

What's with that gaping flat spot in the dyno graph right in the heart of the mid-range (4500-5500 rpm). This is inexcusable in a modern, fuel-injected motorcycle - especially one costing $17,000.
vx49268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2002, 08:30 AM   #22
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Thank you Aprilia

As a Guzzi fan, I am pleased that Aprilia has invested $100 million in Moto Guzzi. They are really overhauling the company and have targeted North America as a major market. Current owners received a letter from Guzzi last week outlining some of their initiatives.

U.S. dealers have recently been told that Guzzi will build the custom shown at Intermot set for intro 2004-2005.

Thank you Aprilia!

Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 08:39 AM   #23
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Go see the 999

Like most readers, I too found the photos of the 999 distressing. However, an auto designer once told me that all really great works are not instantly appreciated. In many cases, designs that you are instantly attracted to go stale quickly. With that said, I viewed (touched and drooled over) my first 999 yesterday. Go see it, you may change your mind too. I'm beginning to like this guy Terblanche.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:23 AM   #24
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback: Aprilia Tuono

For the seventh time, when r we gonna see a comparo... 600's or else?
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 11:16 AM   #25
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default 2 years?

How about that Aprilia has tons of experience and many championships in GP racing since 1985? They may be fairly new to WSB, but they are certainly not new to racing. And they dod not build their own engine. They farmed that project out to Rotax I think.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:45 AM   #26
yosef
Founding Member

Hey D-kid

Didn't know that you were a Waconian. Back in 87' , after working the whole summer selling ice-cream from a truck in the area, I bought with my savings a 79' KZ650 that took me all the way to NYC from the main Kawa dealer in town. Wonder if he's still in business.

Cheers

Yossef
yosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #27
Dynaguy
Founding Member

Perhaps you read wrong, my friend. The S4 cranks out 100 hp. Well above the Aprilia before its chip, airbox and mufflers are added. Stock, the Aprilia is good for about 87 horsepower. Add a chip, cans and airbox to the S4 and reap 110 at the rear end. Add some cams, big bore kit and bump the compression and !!!!!. Of course, I guess you would have to actually own an S4 with those mods to know. Hmmmm.
Dynaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:14 PM   #28
99R6
Founding Member

Anytime anyone else posts a god damn question... they get an answer, why is it so difficult for me?
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:36 PM   #29
12er
Founding Member

What? Your serious with this question? You got a magic wand that makes all new bikes appear months before they are released to the public? If so mail it to Mo, if not why don't you ask about how the 2005's ride while you are at it.

Oh I remember now, you were the same one b1tching back in early september for the same thing. Let me clear a few things up for you since you obviously do not understand how new models work.

1. New models are presented in the fall, most do not go on sale till the turn of the year. This leads us to point number 2.

2. You cannot ride a bike that has not been made available.

3. You cannot have a shootout of numerous bikes that have not been made available.

Hope this helps, may bring to light why there are no shootouts normally before jan-feb. You may get a sneak peak or a first ride but it takes time to get all the bikes together for any amount of time to test. None the less when you cant even get your hands on one in the first place.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:12 PM   #30
Badwinger
Founding Member

The big news (for me) was news of "the discontinued eight-valve Ducati Monster". No other comment? I had noted that the S4 was gone from the US Ducati site, but not from the Worldwide site, and had queried Ducati NA on this, but so far no response . . . any word on as to [b]why[b]?
Badwinger is offline   Reply With Quote