Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-31-2002, 12:37 PM   #1
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Deuce Hop-up Reader Feedback

The Deuce, another interesting looking but mostly unuseful Harley. The story however, would have been better if there was a hint of imperical or subjective comment on how the performance modifications effected the riding experience of this particular bike. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2002, 01:19 PM   #2
oldtim
Founding Member

And all this costs how much? My 2000 Bandit cost me $5K and I suspect would blow the duce into the weeds.
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I would have liked to have gotten some riding impressions as well. This is the first modification to the Electra Glide I've got coming my way in January.

Ultimately I want to do the HTCC heads with the 95 inch kit which gets the Twin Cam close to 100HP and 100 ft-lbs of torque.

The stage 1 kit looks like it gives some useful extra power without costing a ton of dough.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:38 PM   #4
red-silver
Registered Member

Default Re: Where's Highwayman?

Hey! Where's Highwayman? This is his gig, right?

Whenever's Harlys happenin' I can't wait to see his ad copy!
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:00 PM   #5
john
Founding Member

I bet you the bandit is more comfortable for 1000+ mile days, too.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:29 PM   #6
Captain_1
Founding Member

And the point of this piece is?
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:34 PM   #7
TheHighwayman
Registered Member

Default The Righteous and the Damned

Motorcyclists are known by the machines they ride. And men are known by the company they keep.

These veritable truths account for why Harley men keep to their own kind on the open road. Whether on reconnaissance in local territories, carrying the flag from coast to coast in a well-regulated convoy or striking a daring posse deep into the uncharted badlands, Harley men place their trust and confidence in other men of robust character and proven substance. Men who can be counted on through good times and bad. Men who never surrender, and donÂ’t take prisoners. Men who are stout and hearty, and sit proud and righteous in the saddle. Men who make up the Harley-Davidson brethren.

ThereÂ’s no place here for anyone looking for a false way in and an easy way out. ThereÂ’s no place for men or bikes that by artifice are here today but by expediency will be gone tomorrow. ThereÂ’s no place for those who pledge allegiance to far-eastern feudalism by riding Asian atrocity cycles slammed together in some godforsaken land. ThereÂ’s no place for the sniveling lisp and depraved cowardice of atrociteurs who would make a slobbering mockery of real American motorcycling.

That leaves the atrociteurs off on their own, with a facade of pose and pretense, and a despair of resentment and bitterness. Taking the badges of vulgarity off their throwaway contraptions out of shame, but leaving a space as blank as their empty souls. Carrying on with a sham travesty of brotherhood thatÂ’s nothing but a hollow charade. Pretending to be the real deal but fooling nobody.

Not ordinary American folk, who are comforted that all is well on the home front only when they see genuine Harleys lead their Fourth of July parades down the Main Streets of America. Not womenfolk, who by intuition know the deep rumble of the mighty Big Twin as the unmistakable confirmation that real men are in command of the nationÂ’s destiny. Not even youngsters, who have a keen sense of authentic role models and clearly know the difference between a real American motorcycle and some knock-off in tin and plastic.

ThereÂ’s a fork early on in the road for every motorcyclist in America, with paths going off in opposite directions. A life membership in the brotherhood of righteousness is part of the authentic Harley-Davidson experience. A life sentence among the damned is reserved for the atrociteurs.

Choose carefully, ‘cause there’s no turnin’ back.

They call me . . . The Highwayman

TheHighwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 03:23 PM   #8
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: The Righteous and the Damned

Gawd, Highwayman! That was magnificent! Utter isolationist, elitist bull*****, but magnificently written in the finest 1950s Madison Avenue style!

About the article: "we came, we rode, we wrote" should've been "we came, we modified, we dyno'd, we wrote". As far as one can tell from the story, no actual riding was involved. JB, how can you let this kind of stuff happen?
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 03:30 PM   #9
vcs700s
Founding Member

My question exactly. I'm not sure why it was written, except maybe to have something new on the site. How about some articles on motorcycles with some depth, maybe even indepth, info? Lately it seems that this site is going down hill. This article, if you want to call it that, provided little if no information about anything!
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 03:31 PM   #10
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: Where's Highwayman?

Who cares?
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote