Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-01-2002, 03:09 AM   #31
twister299
Founding Member

Default Re: Deuce Hop-up Reader Feedback

Ok I've checked three times am I crazy or is the colors on the graph label backwards??

This is indicative of the problems with this site.

I think they are either having to run it like a business or a hobby. If it is a hobby them say so and people's expectations won't be so high. If it is a business then get on the stick and start running like one. I agree this article has nothing.... This was the conclusion of a "Long-term test ride" come on; Where did you ride, did it break down, problems?, experiences. The guy that rented one told us more about his rental experience than you did. I you guys want to survive call this site what it is let the readers write some articles of their "Weekend runs and road trips". Maybe you will get more excitement.

twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2002, 03:21 AM   #32
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default The Highwayman took the bait

I think the only reason MO posted this fluff story was to bait The Highwayman so we could all have a laugh. Thanks MO.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 03:26 AM   #33
blackburd
Founding Member

My riding style is such that I would not own a cruiser style motorcycle. However, if you like this type of bike, the Harley is the best looking and best sounding of the bunch. Not only that, but for the cost of a set of pipes and a high flow air box, you get a 16% power gain. Plus, this is something just about anyone can do themselves. Try that on your R1.
blackburd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 03:26 AM   #34
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I've got a Ducati ST4 for going fast.

Harley owners like to tinker with their bikes typically. Part of having a simple "antique" engine is that it can be easily modified to make whatever kind of power one desires.

And why do you care how I spend my money?

Buy some Harley stock and by the time I'm done blowing my fortune you'll have made some money too!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 03:29 AM   #35
UltraBoa
Founding Member

Actually the article would have been better if there was some indication that the bike was actually ridden. I'm ok with the fact that it isn't a street rocket, but it is streetable, right?

Paragraph 1: Cruisers are evaluated differently than sportbikes.

Paragraph 2: It looks good.

Paragraph 3: It looks good.

Paragraph 4: You can get more power out of it and make it louder for not much money.

I can't say this article went a long way in breaking down cruiser stereotypes.
UltraBoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 03:37 AM   #36
banda
Founding Member

Default EX250 not as slow as you think

Horses for courses,

A skilled rider on a tight road course riding a Ninja 250 can eat the recreational R1 rider's lunch.

I never would have considered riding a Ninja 250. I used to own a CBR1100XX. My wife decided (on her own) to get into biking and picked up a used Ninja 250. I rode it home for her. At first it felt like a moped.

Then I realized I was cruising at an indicated 90. Hmmm. Then when I got closer to home, I noticed how easy it was to corner the little Ninja. Turns out that light weight and skinny tires make for a very agile bike.

After less than a year of riding, my wife did her first track day. She was running away from other riders on sportbikes of far greater displacement. How's that you ask? Is she a road-racing natural? Were the other riders severe slow-pokes? Not really. It's just that for the 95% of us whose performance is restricted by confidence and experience, the little Ninja is a far easier learning tool.

But beyond being easy, it is capable of some elevated velocities, if not elevated thrust.

Don't categorize any bike as slow, because there's someone out there on one that can make you look foolish.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 03:52 AM   #37
neesus
Founding Member

Default Re: The Righteous and the Damned

Ah yes, the brethern... Such as the ones who yelled "get a harley junior!" several years ago when I was on my Yamahog -- from the safe confines of their beat-up Subaru. Perhaps their h-d's were all broken down at the same time. Again.

Very entertaining yet delusional too. I'll be damned. Thanks, h-man!
neesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 04:20 AM   #38
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: How old are you?

Holy *****, man! Do you jerk off to pictures of Harleys or somethin? I think you're pissed off cause your mom caught you in front off the computer with a bottle of Jergens and a dictionary again. Sheesh, get a life.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:23 AM   #39
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: How old are you?

Holy *****, man! Do you jerk off to pictures of Harleys or somethin? I think you're pissed off cause your mom caught you in front off the computer with a bottle of Jergens and a dictionary again. Sheesh, get a life.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:37 AM   #40
gwagstaff
Founding Member

Default Where's the beef?

The vast majority of that article does nothing more that explain the appeal of a motorcycle that relies on look and feel rather than performance. Trust me, the "Cruiser Guys" already get it and the "Sport Bike Guys" don't care. A discussion of how the new parts improved the bike would be a better use of print space. Also, considering the vast selection of mods to choose from, rationale for your choice of parts would be nice. The dyno chart is a good start (even if the line colors are reversed) but, to quote an old ad line "Where's the beef?". I can accept a low-performance Harley due to its cool factor, but a low-performance article has no place in a subscription-based magazine.

GW
gwagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote